Western Zone Diversity Select Camp - Now a VIRTUAL Camp
Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, USA Swimming announced that all Zone Diversity Select Camps would only be virtual camps (and summits) this year. Contact Susan Huckeby for more details.
Attendance at the virtual camp thsi year will not affect an athlete's eligibility to attend a future Zone Diversity Select Camp.
HOST: Snake River Swimming and USA Swimming and the Western Zone DEI Committee
LOCATION: Boise, Idaho
DATES: June 11-14
POOLS: Boise State University 25 SCY Pool, and West Valley YMCA 50 LCM Pool
Application: Online with USA Swimming opening probably in March 2020.
Athletes must be born between June 15, 2003 and June 13, 2006.
Western Zone Diversity Select Camp Eligibility: Any swimmer who represents an ethnically under-represented population that is less than 10% of the current USA Swimming membership is eligible for this camp. including African American, Native American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native Alaskan, Native Hawaiian, Outreach (low income), LGBTQ, or diverse in another way.
- Montana Swimming will fund and may send up to two athletes, a coach, and the MT Swim Diversity and Inclusion Chair to attend this camp/summit. In addition up to four athlete alternates may be selected. Alternates will be notified by the Western Zone Diversity and Inclusion Camp Committee if they have been chosen to attend the camp.
- Camp requirements are eligibility included in the applications.
- Adults may also apply to attend the Diversity Summit held in conjunction with the camp. Funding for summit participants is not guaranteed by Montana Swimming and summit participants may have to pay all or part of their expenses to attend the summit.
- Montana Swimming Diversity and Inclusion Chair Susan Huckeby will select the athletes, alternates, coach and summit participants to attend the camp based on the submitted applications and any other Montana Swimming diversity and inclusion program requirements.
- If any participant is selected and Montana Swimming pays the fees or other costs for that person to attend and that person does not attend the camp/summit, that person will be required to reimburse Montana Swimming for any fees paid.
- The applications will be available on the Diversity/Disability tab under the WZ Diversity Camp or on the Meets tab for the camp date once announced.