(this is a team hosted event)
The Breakers Swim-4-Funz$ DECEMBER 17th 2019
What is Swim-4-Funz$… it’s a fun, energetic evening of just swimming to raise funds to support the Breakers team. Proceeds of the event for this annually goes toward purchasing FINS/BUOYS/BOARDS and all expenses for the end-of-season party (facility and awards).
Our primary goal for 2019-2020 is to adapt our starting blocks with rails and wedges that are used at the competition pools that we travel to throughout the year. Each one is $1500, so we will do our best and try to fill at least ½ our blocks this year.
The Details: Breakers swimmers get pledges from friends, family and businesses either “per length” or as a flat donation. Then, on December 17th, Breakers team members swim, swim, SWIM!
- Event Date/Place: Tuesday, December 17th, 2019- West YMCA Pool
- Times: WHITE I – 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
RED – 5:20 p.m. to 5:50 p.m.
BLUE I & WHITE II – 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
BLUE II & SENIOR – 7:10 p.m. to 8:10 p.m.
**Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your start time to get organized
- Prize Eligibility Due Date: Friday January 17, 2020 …
- Last date to turn in money : Friday January 31st
- We will have special event in February to give out prizes!
Prizes? Prizes, you say?
- Yep. Here’s the dealio:
Collect $75 or more
Earn a cool red/white/blue Simple Modern stainless steel water bottle 17oz
Collect $175 or more:
Earn cool personalized GTBY Fleece Blanket
- The Top $$ earners in EACH group : RED, WHITE I , WHITE II, BLUE I , BLUE II and SENIOR groups will be able make a choice of the following:
$100 VISA gift card
- For the group that AVERAGES the most $$ per group/ they will earn a Pizza Party! Special prizes to those who swim the furthest in each group as well.
The Fine Print:
- All pledges should be put in your swimmer’s envelope along with the pledge form and dropped off at the front desk of the West or Central Y no later than January 31st
- Pledges can be made either “per length” or as a flat donation. Average lengths swum are as follows: Ages 8 and under – Low of 20, High of 80. Ages 9-10 - (30 to 150). Ages 11-12 - (40 to 175). Ages 13 and Older – (75 to 200).
- Pledges for Swim-4-Funz count toward your team fundraising obligation. You will be billed if your fundraising commitment is not met by January 31st Family minimum is $50. Please visit the Breakers website for details (www.tcbreakers.com). And review fundraising obligation.
- If you need additional pledge sheets, they are available to download from the Breakers website.
- On the night of the event, parent volunteers are needed to make things work. Lap Counters, Pledge Counters, and Check-In Parents are needed. All jobs are fun and quite easy! Please visit www.tcbreakers.com to sign up for a spot and take care of at least some of your volunteer obligation.
- Prizes for our top earners will be awarded at our get together. TBD
- Questions? Please contact your coach at the pool for more info or to ask questions or Kathy@gtbayymca.org at the pool.
- WE will need food for all groups on a rotational schedule so last swimmers get fed.