Triad Tropic Swim Meet at GAC
Triad Tropic - Registration closes Wednesday, 11/20/2019
EMAIL SENT TO COACHES 12/2/2019 at 9pm:
I hope you all had a Great Thanksgiving and we appreciate you working to get us files in so we could help finalize this year’s meet. We have approximately 1200 swimmers this year and want to give everyone a great environment for a successful meet.
There are two slight adjustment that we need to make to help make the timeline more manageable.
The attached timeline reflects these adjustments so that you can have a clear picture of the meet layout.
Below is some other general information to share with your team as well as some information you need for the weekend.
If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call (much better than emailing me this week). We will get you more details and updates later this week and are looking forward to a Great Meet!
EMAIL SENT TO COACHES 12/3/2019 at 11:18pm:
I am attaching some more information for the weekend for you to look over and share with your families. We are excited about the weekend but it will be crowded so please talk to your swimmers about being considerate of others and being prepared to share space. There are a few corrections to the timeline and they are reflected on the warm-up schedule that is attached as well as the attached updated timeline. Saturday’s Final session will start at 5:45 and Sundays at 5:15 while the Sunday afternoon session will start at 1:40.
Please remember that there is a coach’s meeting on Friday at 3:30 in the hospitality room and the pools will be open for warm up at 3:45 with the meet starting at 5:00.
Please check the attached items and let me know if you have any questions and then please share them with your families.
- Updated timeline with reflected start time changes
- Deck Map – Shows where your team area is located on pool deck. Please note that it will be crowded and so you are sharing space in most cases. Please be sure to have your swimmers clean your area after each session. There are some open bleachers during the afternoon session that are marked and planned for overflow. This also shows where volunteer check in, t-shirt sales, admin and scratch tables are located.
- Warm-Up Assignments – please look over this and make sure you understand which session you are in each day. There are split warm-ups for Prelims and afternoon sessions and each team will be early one day and late the other which is what the two columns reflect.
- Team Timer
Assignments – In running two pools for all sessions but
finals we need help in filling spots. I have broken what each
team is responsible for if you can help encourage your families to
sign up ahead of time. We are glad to take more than your
assigned number if they are interested. If they can sign up
by Thursday night we will provide them a parking pass for any
sessions that they are working but we need them to sign up in
advance to get them the pass. In addition they will have the
choice of which pool they would like to work, boys or girls.
- To sign up they can go to the STAR webpage (staraquatics.com) and click on the Triad Tropic button and then the box that says “Visiting Team Timer Volunteers” or they can copy and paste the following address:
GCY PARENTS - FREE PINK GCY SHIRT TO ANYONE WHO AGREES TO TIME AT THIS MEET!
- Meet Announcement
- GCY Official Entry List
- Psych Sheet
- Timers Needed (GCY has assigned lane, please help)
- Warm-Up Assignments
- Deck Map for Team Seating
- Updated Timeline to reflect START TIME CHANGES!