2019 Christmas Champs
This meet will be open to all USA-S Registered swimmers not participating in 3 or more individual events at RMSC Holiday Invitational.
Fairland Aquatics Center
13820 Old Gunpowder Road Laurel, Maryland 20707
- 10 lanes, 25 yards; the water depth at both the starting and the turn end ranges from 5’ to 6’ at the shallow end course to 7’ to 13’ at the deep end course.
- Finals will be swum in the deep end course.
- The competition course has not been certified in accordance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations Article 104.2.2(C).
- Facility Rules:
- Swimmers must wear shirt and shoes when heading upstairs.
- No glass containers are permitted in the building.
- No camera cell phones are permitted in the locker rooms.
- Swimmers are asked to take a cleansing shower before entering the pool for warm up.
Friday December 6th-Sunday December 8th 2019
- Friday - All Ages – Timed Finals:
(Swimmers Must Provide Timer)
- Warm-up 4:30 – 5:20 PM, Events: 5:30 PM
- Saturday and Sunday Prelims
- 13 and Over – Prelims Sessions: Warm-up: 6:30 – 7:30 AM Events: 7:40 AM
- 11-12 Year Olds – Prelims Sessions: Warm-up: 10:30 – 11:20 AM, Events: 11:30 AM
- 10 and Under – Prelims Sessions: Warm-up: 1:40 – 2:20 PM, Events: 2:30 PM
- Saturday and Sunday Finals
- Finals Sessions: Warm-up: 5:15 – 6:05 PM, Events: 6:15 PM
NOTE: The meet director reserves the right to manage the timeline by running two courses simultaneously for Friday Timed Finals and Prelims sessions, by adjusting session times, or combining the 10&U and 11-12 sessions. Positive check in may also be used. Teams will be notified by email if changes are needed.
NT's will not be accepted for this meet
- All Friday night events are Timed Finals, will be swum fast to slow, and may require positive check in. The 500 Yd Freestyle, the 400 IM, and the 1650 Yd Mixed Freestyle will be combined events but will be broken out by age and gender for scoring and awards purposes.
- Two courses may be used.
- Friday night session is considered a Distance session; Swimmers must provide their own timer for all events and a counter if desired, for the 500 and 1650 Freestyle events.
- If necessary, entries may be limited due to time constraints, based on verifiable proof of entry time, fast to slow. Any athlete removed will be given the opportunity to enter another event in the meet as long as that entry does not create a new heat or exceed the entry limit per session.
- The fastest twenty (20) 13-14 and 15&Over swimmers from the preliminary events will advance to finals. The fastest ten (10) 10 and under, 11-12-year-old swimmers from the preliminary events will advance to finals.
- There will be an “A” final and a “B” final. The “B” final will be swum first.
- The following 11-12 year old events will be timed final events: 400 IM, 200 Butterfly, 200 Backstroke and 200 Breaststroke.
- 8 and Unders entered in Christmas Champs must have provable times.
- A contestant may enter no more than three (3) individual events per day and eight (7) events over the course of the meet.
- SEED TIMES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED AS SHORT COURSE YARDS ONLY.
- “NT” entries will NOT be accepted with exception of the 12U 500 Free. A provable 200 Free time is acceptable.
- Coaches times will not be accepted.
- Minimum entry standards must be equal to or faster than in the following events (please include proof of time on the Meet Entry Report.)
|Girls Minimum Entry time||Event||Boys Minimum Entry time|
|“B” time for age group||12&U 500 freestyle or||“B” time for age group|
|“B” time for age group||12U 200 Free time for a NT entry in 500 free||“B” time for age group|
|5:45.00||13&Over 400 IM||5:45.00|
|21:30.00 or “B” in 1000 Yd Freestyle||13&Over 1650 Freestyle||5:45.00 21:30.00 or “B” in 1000 Yd Freestyle|
- Current USA Swimming rules shall govern this meet.
- No on-deck USA-S registration is permitted
- In compliance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, the use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone is not permitted in the changing areas, rest rooms, or locker rooms. Per PVS policy, the use of equipment capable of taking pictures (i.e., cell phones, cameras, etc.) is banned from behind the starting blocks during the entire meet, including warm up, competition and cool down periods.
- Deck changes are prohibited.
- Any swimmer entered in the meet must be certified by a USA Swimming member coach as being proficient in performing a racing start or must start each race from within the water. When unaccompanied by a member-coach, it is the responsibility of the swimmer or the swimmer’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
- Operation of a drone or any other flying devices is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
- Dive-over starts will be used at this meet. Coaches are requested to review Guidance for Dive-Over Starts for Coaches. Officials are requested to review Protocol for Dive-Over Starts.
- The Meet Director and the PVS Technical Committee reserve the right to limit events, heats, swimmers or adjust the format to conform with the 4-hour provision for sessions that include 12 & U events per Rule 205.3.1F.
- Participating clubs are requested to provide timers in proportion to their entries. One timer is requested for each 25 entries.
- The Meet Director will send out a request, and a sign up genius for timers based upon entries.