is a qualifying meet. All qualified swimmers from Blue Springs
and St. Joseph are eligible to attend.
Non-conforming times are in RED
This meet is a Championship meet format with Preliminaries and Finals. The fastest eight (1-8) swimmers will advance to Championship Finals, and the next fastest eight (9-16) will advance to Consolation finals. The following exceptions will apply: (1) All Friday events are timed finals. (2) 1000 Freestyle and 1650 Freestyle are timed final events. These will be swum fastest to slowest. (3) 11 and Over prelims/finals events (200 Fly, 200 Back, 200 Breast) will be swum with the fastest eight (1-8) swimmers advancing to Championship Finals, and the next fastest eight (9-16) advancing to Consolation Finals. These events will not be separated by age groups for finals.
Qualifying Standards for this meet are the USA Swimming 2017-2020 National Age Group Motivational Standards as listed below:
• 10 & Under will use the 10 & Under “BB” Age Group Time Standard
• 11-12 will use the 11 Single Age Group “A” Time Standard
• 13-14 will use the 13 Single Age Group “A” Time Standard
• Senior (15 & Over) will use the 15 Single Age Group “A” Time Standard
• 11 & Over will use the Single “A” Age Group Time Standard for their Age Group (11-12 swimmers using an 11 Single Age Group “A”, 13-14 swimmers using 13 Single Age Group “A”, and 15 & Over swimmers using a 15 Single Age Group “A”) to enter into the 200 Butterfly, 200 Breaststroke, 200 Backstroke, 1000 Freestyle and 1650 Freestyle.
* Swimmers achieving a qualfying time in either the 1000 Freestyle or the 1650 Freestyle may enter both events.
Swimmers achieving and swimming in one qualified event are eligible to swim up to two additional 'bonus swims' in events they have not achieved the qualifying time.Bonus events cannot exceed 200 yards in length and will count toward the overall entry limit for the swimmer. In addition, each bonus event must be clearly marked as ‘Bonus’, and the entry should be the athlete’s best time. NT entries are not accepted, as the athlete must have a provable time in the SWIMS database.
Swimmers placing first and second in an event at the MVS Winter Qualifier but not reaching the Age Group qualifying time standard may enter that event at the lowest conforming time standard.
(Entries will re-open on Sunday, December 8th to allow those who qualify for the Winter Classic at this weekend's Winter Qualifier meet to enter the meet. Please make sure that if your swimmer qualifies you enter him or her on Sunday, December 8th. If you do not enter your swimmer on Sunday, December 8th, I will be unable to get your swimmer entered into the meet by the deadline, and you will forfeit your swimmer's opportunity to swim. )
Meet Location: SWSD Aquatic Center, 17251
W 87th St., Lenexa, KS 66219
Entry Limits: 3 events per day and a maximum of 7 events for the entrie meet.
Meet fees: $5.00 per event, $10 facility surcharge, plus $25 Coaches Fee
Admissions: There will be an admission fee of $30 for the whole meet or $10 per session, charged for all spectatores over 13 years of age.
Heat Sheets: Heat sheets for spectators will be available free of charge via pdf on the Blazers (meet host) website and also on Meet Mobile. If you need a paper copy one can be purchased for $10 per session.