(this is a team hosted event)
As discussed in the parent meeting in September, it will be necessary for all swim families to participate in cleaning the VASA facility. Each family will need to put in 6 hours of service, either by weekly cleaning, power washing the deck, or serving as a coordinator.
Here are the details of how this will work for the period of January-April:
- Each family will be required to put in 6 service hours.
- Cleaning will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays during your child’s swim time.
- Hours will be signed up for on the OTAC website, in the same spot as the meet sign up.
- Parents who do not choose to sign up for a particular day will be assigned a day.
- Cleaning cannot be done by the swimmer, but by a family member or friend age 12 or older.
- Families who do not fulfill their cleaning hours will be assessed a fee of $15/hr.
- A list of daily tasks and cleaning instructions will be posted at VASA.
- At VASA, assigned cleaners will pick a task, complete it, and sign the cleaning sheet.
- If a task takes less than an hour, full credit will still be given for that hour.
Parent/family member will come in during swim practice and help clean the locker room and bathrooms. These jobs will be divided into sub-tasks so each person does just a portion of the job.
One person will power wash the pool deck twice a month for four months during swim practice.
The power washer would will receive all 6 service hours for the January-April period.
We need 4 coordinators, two for Tuesday and two for Thursday.
Coordinators would receive all 6 service hours for the January-April.
Coordinators would serve for eight weeks (either Jan-Feb or March-April) and would be responsible for the following:
- Making sure cleaning supplies are available
- Post cleaning check-off sheets
- Post cleaning instructions
- Reporting completed assignments to Auralea so that she can credit the hours.