2020 January Open
This will be the first meet of the new year. This meet will be open to all 9 & Over swimmers registered with USA-Swimming.
10 & Under Swimmers in Verde or Celeste should choose between this meet and the Penguin Pentathlon.
Warm Up Assignment
Positive Check Schedule
Volunteer Sign Up
13820 Gunpowder Rd, Laurel MD 20707
- 10 lanes, 25 yards
- Water depth range of 5’ - 13’ at the starting end and 5’ – 13’ at the turning end.
- The competition course has not been certified in accordance with current USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 104.2.2(C).
Saturday, January 18, 2020 & Sunday, January 19, 2020
- 11-12: Warmup 6:30am – 7:20am; Events 7:30am
- 9-10: Warmup 12:00pm – 12:50pm; Events 1:00pm
- 13 & Over: Warmup 3:00pm – 3:50pm; Events 4:00pm
The PVS Services Manager and Technical Committee reserve the right to adjust times/sessions after entries are received.
- All events are timed finals.
- Seed times are short course yards. In the event that short course yard times are not available, coaches’ times are preferred over “no times” for all events.
- An athlete may enter no more than 4 events per day, or 7 events for the meet.
- Swimmers must provide their own timers and counters (if needed) for the 500 yd Freestyle and the 400 yd Individual Medley.
- Time constraints may require limiting the number of events that are swum.
- Deck entries will be accepted if space is available in existing heats. Deck entries must be submitted no later than 45 minutes prior to the first event of each session. Swimmers will be entered into open lanes in existing heats on a first come, first served basis. In the event of a significantly over-subscribed session, the Meet Director reserves the right to not accept deck entries.
- Evidence of current USA-S registration required for deck entries.
- It may be necessary to limit entries in certain events and adjust session start times due to time constraints. Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once each session’s intended duration is met, entries will no longer be accepted.
- Current USA Swimming rules shall govern this meet.
- Due to the limited pool deck space, only officials, USA swimming registered coaches and swimmers will be permitted on the pool deck. No chairs are allowed on deck.
- NO FOOD ALLOWED ON DECK. Swimmers may either eat in the concession room upstairs next to the lobby, or downstairs in the hallway.
- No on-deck USA-S registration is permitted
- In compliance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, the use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone is not permitted in the changing areas, rest rooms, or locker rooms. Per PVS policy, the use of equipment capable of taking pictures (i.e., cell phones, cameras, etc.) is banned from behind the starting blocks during the entire meet, including warm up, competition and cool down periods.
- Deck changing is prohibited.
- Any swimmer entered in the meet must be certified by a USA Swimming member coach as being proficient in performing a racing start or must start each race from within the water. When unaccompanied by a member-coach, it is the responsibility of the swimmer or the swimmer’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
- Operation of a drone or any other flying devices is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
- Dive-over starts will be used during the preliminary sessions and Friday timed finals. The 8 &
- Under sessions will not use Dive-Overs. Coaches are requested to review Guidance for Dive-Over Starts for Coaches. Officials are requested to review Protocol for Dive-Over Starts.
- Participating clubs are requested to provide timers in proportion to their entries. One timer is requested for each 25 entries.
- The Meet Director will send out a request, and a sign up genius for timers based upon entries.