2020 Little Blue Penguin Pentathlon
This meet is open to all 10 & Under swimmers registered with USA-S. Swimmers who have participated in either the IMX Challenge or the January Open will not be eligible for this event.
13820 Gunpowder Rd, Laurel MD 20707
- 10 lanes, 25 yards
- Water depth range of 5’ - 13’ at the starting end and 5’ – 13’ at the turning end.
- The competition course has not been certified in accordance with current USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 104.2.2(C).
Sunday, January 26, 2020
- Warm-Up 12:30 pm – Events at 1:15 PM
- Meet Director reserves the right to adjust times/sessions after entries are received.
- Do not enter the locker rooms or deck area until 12:15 p.m.
- All events are timed finals.
- A swimmer may enter no more than five (5) individual events.
- Deck entries must be submitted with payment ($10.00 per event) no later than 30 minutes prior to the first event. No new heats will be created.
For individual events, medals will be awarded for 1st to 8th place. Trophies will be awarded for the top three (3) finishers in the Pentathlon events.
Reminder: In order to be eligible for the Pentathlon Event Awards, swimmers must participate in the following (5) five events:
- 7-8 and 6 & Under Swimmers: 25 fly, 25, back, 25 breast, 25 free and 100 IM
- 9-10 year old Swimmers: 50 fly, 50 back, 50 breast, 50 free and 100 IM
- Current USA Swimming rules, including the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (“MAAPP”), shall govern this meet.
- No on-deck USA-S registration is permitted.
- In compliance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, the use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone is not permitted in the changing areas, rest rooms, or locker rooms. Per PVS policy, the use of equipment capable of taking pictures (eg.., cell phones, cameras, etc.) is banned from behind the starting blocks during the entire meet, including warm up, competition and cool down periods.
- Deck changes are prohibited.
- Any swimmer entered in the meet must be certified by a USA Swimming member coach as being proficient in performing a racing start or must start each race from within the water. When unaccompanied by a member-coach, it is the responsibility of the swimmer or the swimmer’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
- Operation of a drone or any other flying devices is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
- Dive-over starts will NOT be used at this meet.
- The Meet Director and the PVS Technical Committee reserve the right to limit events, heats, swimmers or adjust the format to conform with the 4-hour provision for sessions that include 12 & U events per Rule 205.3.1F.
- Participating clubs are requested to provide timers in proportion to their entries. One timer is requested for each 25 entries.
- The Meet Director will send out a request, and a sign up genius for timers based upon entries.