Feb 27, 2020 - Mar 1, 2020
February, 17 2020
2020 Speedo Sectionals Championship Series
February 27 - March 1, 2020
Venue: Texas A&M University Student Recreation Center Natatorium Olsen Boulevard College Station, TX 77843
Meet Format: This is a prelim/finals meet with A, B, C, D and E finals (relays, 800 free & 1500 free will be swum as timed finals events). E final heat will be for swimmers that are 18 y.o. or younger.
Qualifying Times: See attachment for times. Swimmers must be qualified to swim the events entered. Events may be qualified for by meeting yards or meters qualifying times. Qualifying times must have been achieved within two (2) years of the first day of the meet (February 27, 2018). All swimmers must have met the “Sectional Standards” for each event entered (except for bonus entries, see rules below).
Number of Events: Swimmers may compete in a maximum of 3 individual events per day and 1 relay event per day. Swimmers may enter and compete in a maximum of 7 individual events for the entire meet.
Bonus Events: Swimmers entered in at least one individual event, may swim up to two bonus events during the championships, provided they have achieved the “Sectional Bonus Standards”.
On-Deck Entries: Late entries will be accepted each day up to 45 minutes before the start of the meet. Those swimmers missing the 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, February 18, 2020 deadline may enter the meet on-deck in the following manner:
1. Swimmers must pay the entry fee at the time of entry ($25 individual, $50 relay) and the $10 athlete surcharge if not already entered in the meet.
2. Swimmers must supply completed entry forms entered at the swimmers' best times. Proof-of-time in hard copy form must be presented to qualify for the meet. Swimmers entering on-deck will be placed in any available open lanes first. A “zero heat” will be added, if necessary.
3. Swimmers must enter all events for the day forty five (45) minutes prior to the start of the day's first event.
4. Swimmers must be qualified to swim the event entered.
5. Swimmers must not exceed the allotted number of events allowed each day.
6. At the discretion of the meet management, on-deck entries may be limited to fill existing heats.
Fees: $15.00 per individual event, $30.00 for each relay event and $10.00 athlete surcharge per swimmer.
Awards: Individual and relay events: medals, 1st - 8th place Combined team banners: 1st – 10th place Individual high points: 1st & 2nd place Women’s and 1st & 2nd place Men’s
Registration Deadline: February 13, 2020.