District Champs 9-12 Southeast District
Southeast District Champs 9-12
February 14-16th, 2020
Brittingham-Midtown Aquatic Center, 570 Mclawhorne Drive, Newport News 23601
THIS IS A 757Swim Championship MEET
Open to all Virginia Swimming registered athletes 9 - 12 years old by the first day of the meet in the Southeast District which includes: 757, CGBD, CVAC, ECAT, ODAC, SEVA, TAC, TIDE, WAC and YOBX.
• 8 & U Virginia Swimming registered athletes in the Southeast District may enter the 10 & U 500 Free.
• No on deck Virginia Swimming athlete registration will be permitted.
• The qualifying period for this meet is January 1, 2019 through February 13, 2020
• Athletes may compete in any individual event or relay leg in which they do NOT have a VSI Age Group Championship qualifying time.
• 10 and 12 year-old swimmers aging up from February 14 to March 12, 2020 with times too fast to qualify for this championship will be allowed to compete in an event at this meet under the following conditions: o The swimmer does not qualify for the event in his/her new age group at Age Group Champs. o The swimmer will be seeded correctly by time but will swim Exhibition only and will not be eligible to receive an award or compete in the finals session.
• Age on February 14, 2020 will determine age for the entire meet.
11-12 year old swimmers will swim prelim/finals in all individual events except the 400 IM and the 500 free which will be swum as timed finals. The top 16 swimmers in the 11-12 age group from prelims will come back to compete in finals, except for the 200 fly, 200 back, and 200 breast where only the top 8 swimmers will compete in finals.
• 9-10 year old swimmers will swim prelim/finals in all individual events with the exception of the 200 IM and 500 Free which will be contested as timed finals. The top 8 swimmers in the 9/10 age group from prelims will come back to compete in finals.
• Ready Room: A Ready Room will be used at this Championship prior to each “A” final heat. Each Swimmer in the “A” Final (Final heat) should report to the Ready Room before the start of the preceding event and participate in the “A” Final parade. o “A” Final swimmers will be presented with music and their names will be announced prior 2 to the start of the race.
• “B” Final heats will report directly to their assigned lane.
• All heats of the 11-12 year old 400 Free Relay will be swum during the preliminary session. All heats of the 11-12 and 9-10 year old 200 Free and 200 Medley Relays will be swum during the Finals sessions.
• There will be a 5 minute break at the conclusion of relays swum in Finals before the start of individual events on Saturday and Sunday