SW District 8 & Under Champs
The Southwest District 8 & under champs swim meet is available for sign ups and is open to 8 & under swimmers ONLY. The meet will be held February 8-9, 2020 at the Salem YMCA, 1126 Kime Lane, Salem, VA 24153. The deadline for signups is midnight, Sunday, January 26, 2020.
There are two sessions for this meet: Saturday afternoon (warm ups begin no earlier than 1:30pm) and Sunday afternoon (warm ups begin no earlier than 1:30pm). All events are timed finals.
Swimmers may enter a maximum of 4 individual events per day, for a total of 8 individual events over the two sessions.
This meet is included in your swim dues.
A list of nearby hotels are provided on the (attached) meet invite.
All parents will be expected to time during the meet - a schedule will be sent a day or so prior to the meet, so please be sure to check your email for the timing schedule. Heat sheets will be available for purchase throughout the meet. Concessions will be available at the facility. No flash photography is permitted.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “SW District 8 & Under Champs” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign
up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear. Don’t worry if there are NTs in the Best Time column. These are USA swim times. If this is your first year with BASS, your swimmer may not have a time if your swimmer has not entered that event before.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. NOTE: Your swimmer may enter UP TO 4 events per day/session. This means that your swimmer may swim in 4 events on Saturday and 4 events on Sunday. Your swimmer can swim in FEWER than 4 events per day/session, but they cannot swim in MORE THAN 4 events per day/session. When you click the check box, the entry time will highlight. Don’t worry if there are NTs in there.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks,
will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.