2020 Cherry Blossom Champs Meet
- Psych Sheets
- Warm Up Assignment
- Positive Check Schedule
- Friday Events: Must provide Timer/Counter
- Session 1: 2 Timers (minimum)
- Session 2: 2 Timers (minimum)
- Finals: 2 Timers
- Session 1: 3 Timers (minimum)
- Session 2: 2 Timers (minimum)
- Finals: 2 Timers
SCHEDULE Warm-Up Events
- 4:30 -5:20 PM 5:30 PM
- 13 & Over Prelim Session 6:30 – 7:20 AM 7:30 AM
- 12 & Under Prelim Session 10:30 – 11:20 PM 11:30 PM
- Finals Session 4:30 - 5:20 PM 5:30 PM
This is the first meet in our Championship run. This meet will be open to all swimmers registered to swim USA-S/PVS Swimming and those that do not exceed the NFT criteria. Swimmers with 3 or more qualifying times for PVS 14 & Under Champs, PVS Junior Champs, PVS Senior Champs are NOT eligible for this meet. This meet will offer a Preliminary and Finals session for 9 & Over swimmers and timed Finals for 8 & Under swimmers.
This is a Championship Meet: Times from this meet cannot be used as qualifiers for later championship meets.
For 9 & Over Swimmers: Only sign up for this meet if you are committed for the entirety of the meet. Finalists must return should they qualify.
13820 Gunpowder Rd, Laurel MD 20707
- 19 lanes, 25 yards
- Water depth range of 5’ - 13’ at the starting end and 5’ – 13’ at the turning end.
- The competition course has not been certified in accordance with current USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 104.2.2(C).
Friday, March 1-Sunday March 3, 2019
Friday, March 1 All Ages Timed Finals Warm Up: 4:30PM, Events 5:30 PM Saturday and Sunday, March 2-3 13 & Over Prelim Session Warm Up: 6:30AM, Events 7:30AM 9-12 Prelim Session Warm Up: 10:30AM, Events 11:30 AM 8 & Under Timed Finals Warm Up: 2:30PM, Events 3:15PM 9 & Over Finals Session Warm Up: 5:15PM, Events 6:15 PM
- Meet Director reserves the right to adjust times/sessions after entries are received. Positive Check-In may be used.
- Meet Director reserves the right to run two pools.
NT's will not be accepted for this meet
- Events are
Prelim/Finals for 9 & Over Swimmers. 8 & Under events are
- Prelim events will be
swum combined as 9-12 and 13&Over; however, finals will be swum
one (1) heat for 9-10. There will be a “B” final and an “A” final heat for 11-12, 13-14 and 15&
Over events. The “B” final will swim first.
- There will be only one (1) heat for finals for the 9-12 200 Breaststroke and 9-12 200 Backstroke with ages 9-12 combined.
- There will also be only one (1) heat for the 13 & Over 200 Fly with ages 13 & Over combined.
- The 400 IM, 1000 Free and 500 Free events will be swum FASTEST to SLOWEST. The 1000 Free will be swum fast to slow, alternating women and men.
- DECK ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Prelim events will be swum combined as 9-12 and 13&Over; however, finals will be swum with
- A swimmer may enter and compete in a maximum of 8 individual events and no more than three (3) individual events per day and one (1) relay per day.
- Seed times are short course yards (SCY)
- Coaches will determine Relay Swimmers and notify them accordingly. Relay Events are timed final
- It may be necessary to limit entries in certain events and adjust session start times due to time constraints. Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once each session’s intended duration is met, entries will no longer be accepted.
- Due to the limited pool deck space, only officials, USA swimming registered coaches and swimmers will be permitted on the pool deck. No chairs are allowed on deck.
- NO FOOD ALLOWED ON DECK. Swimmers may either eat in the concession room upstairs next to the lobby, or downstairs in the hallway.
- Current USA Swimming rules shall govern this meet.
- No on-deck USA-S registration is permitted
- Deck entries for relays will be accepted with payment ($20.00 per Relay) no later than 30 minutes prior to the first event.
- In compliance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, the use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone is not permitted in the changing areas, rest rooms, or locker rooms. Per PVS policy, the use of equipment capable of taking pictures (i.e., cell phones, cameras, etc.) is banned from behind the starting blocks during the entire meet, including warm up, competition and cool down periods.
- Deck changing is prohibited.
- Any swimmer entered in the meet must be certified by a USA Swimming member coach as being proficient in performing a racing start or must start each race from within the water. When unaccompanied by a member-coach, it is the responsibility of the swimmer or the swimmer’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
- Operation of a drone or any other flying devices is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
- Dive-over starts will be used during the preliminary sessions and Friday timed finals. The 8 &
- Under sessions will not use Dive-Overs. Coaches are requested to review Guidance for Dive-Over Starts for Coaches. Officials are requested to review Protocol for Dive-Over Starts.
- Participating clubs are requested to provide timers in proportion to their entries. One timer is requested for each 25 entries.
- The Meet Director will send out a request, and a sign up genius for timers based upon entries.