VA Swimming SENIOR CHAMPS
VA Swimming Short Course Senior Championships
March 5-8, 2020
Collegiate School Aquatic Center, 5050 Ridgedale Parkway, Richmond Va 23234
THIS IS A 757SWIM CHAMPIONSHIP MEET
• All preliminary sessions will be swum in two courses, Women’s events and Men’s events.
• Individual events will be swum as trials and finals EXCEPT the 1000 Yard Freestyle and the 1650
Yard Freestyle which will be swum as timed finals.
• The 1650 Y Freestyle will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating women and men.
• The 1000 Y Freestyle will be swum slowest to fastest, alternating women and men.
o The starting time for the first heat will be scheduled so that the second fastest heat of the men’s
event is concluded at the start of the finals warm-up session.
o The fastest women’s and men’s heat will swim in the finals session 2
• The 400 Y Individual Medley and the 500 Freestyle will be swum as follows:
o In trials, the four fastest women’s heats will be swum first followed by the four fastest men’s
heats. These heats will be swum slowest to fastest.
o The remaining heats in trials will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating women and men.
• All events will be swum in a single course.
• The top 32 qualifiers in the trials of each event will compete in each day’s final session in the
following order D, C, B, then A
o All D - C – B – A Final swimmers will report directly to their assigned starting block.
o A - Final swimmers will be presented with music, their names and team affiliation announced
prior to the start of the race.
• Relay events: All relay events will be timed finals and be swum fastest to slowest. The fastest 2
heats of the 400 Y Freestyle Relay, the 800 Y Freestyle Relay, and the 400 Y Medley Relay will be
swum during the finals session with any other heats swum during the trial’s session.
WARMUPS• Thursday afternoon/evening session:
Warm-ups at 12:30 - 1:50 pm; competition starts at
o Friday: 6:30-8:20 am; General Meeting at 8:25 am; Competition begins at 8:40 am
o Saturday: 6:30-8:20 am; Competition begins at 8:30 am
o Sunday: 7:30 – 9:20 am; Competition begins at 9:30 am
o Friday: 4:30-5:35 pm; Competition begins at 5:45 pm
o Saturday: 4:15-5:20 pm; Graduating Senior Recognition at 5:25; Competition begins at
o Sunday: 4:15-5:20 pm; Competition begins at 5:30 pm
• Additional information about lane designations for warm-ups is included on the Warm-up
Schedule and Instructions sheet at the end of the meet announcement.
• During competition, specific lanes will be designated for PACE ONLY in the warm-up/cool-down