SW District/BR Region Champs 2020 -9 and Up
The SW District and Blue Ridge Regional champs swim meet is available for sign ups and is open to swimmers 9 and up. The meet will be held February 28 – March 1, 2020 at the Christiansburg Aquatic Center, 595 Mill Lane, Christiansburg, VA 24073. The deadline for signups is midnight, Monday, February 10, 2020.
This is a three-day prelims/finals meet, as follows:
- Swimmers will swim a preliminary session in the morning
- Top 8 swimmers in the 9-10 age group will return to swim in the
final session each day.
- The 9-10 age group 200 IM and 500 free will be swum as timed finals.
- All heats of the 9-10 and 11-12 age groups 200 free and medley relays will be swum during the finals session.
- Top 16 swimmers in the 11-12 age group will return to swim the
final session each day.
- Top 8 swimmers in the 11-12 age group will compete in the 200 fly, 200 back, and 200 breast finals.
- The 11-12 age group 400 IM and 500 free will be swum as timed finals.
- Top 16 13-14 and 15 & Over age groups will return to swim in the final session each day.
- Top 8 swimmers in the 9-10 age group will return to swim in the final session each day.
- Finals will be swum with the consolation heat competing first, followed by the final t for events with top 16 swimmers.
- If a swimmer has an Age Group Time Cut (14 and younger swimmers) or a Sr. Champs Time Cut (15 & over swimmer), the swimmer may not compete in the event in which they have the time cut.
Warm ups for prelim sessions will begin no earlier than 7:00am with competition starting at 8:30am. Warm ups for finals sessions on Friday and Saturday will begin no earlier than 4:30pm, with competition starting no earlier than 5:30pm. Warm ups for finals session on Sunday will begin no earlier than 4:00pm, with competition starting no earlier than 5:00pm.
Swimmers may enter a maximum of 3 individual events per day, for a total of 8 individual events over the course of the meet.
This meet is included in your swim dues.
Note: for those swimmers competing at Age Groups, only one championship meet is included with your dues. Please contact Ann Wood or Tara Hines to discuss.
All parents will be expected to time during the meet - a schedule will be sent a day or so prior to the meet, so please be sure to check your email for the timing schedule. Heat sheets will be available for purchase throughout the meet. Concessions will be available at the facility.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “SW District/BR Region Champs 2020 - 9 & Up” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign <Name> up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. NOTE: Your swimmer may enter UP TO 3 events each day with a total of 8 events over the course of the meet. When you click the check box, the entry time will highlight.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks, <Name> will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.