Background-image
Partners
Athletic+Foodie
Event

SWIM A THON

Mar 29, 2020 (06:00 PM) - Mar 29, 2020 (08:00 PM)
March, 22 2020

Description

Hi Bass Families,

It’s that time of year again!  We are beginning to plan for our annual Swim-A-Thon! The fundraising obligation this year is $100/per family. 

A Swim-a-Thon is an evening of swimming and fun! Swimmers have a maximum of 2 hours to swim up to 200 laps. Swimmers must complete their laps by 8:00pm. Swimmers ask friends and families to sponsor them either with a flat fee or a per lap amount, based on the number of laps that the swimmer ends up swimming.  Parent volunteers count laps for swimmers; other parent volunteers help with set up, clean up, and feeding our famished swimmers after they finish up.

This year’s Swim-A-Thon will be held on Sunday, March 29, 2020 at WFS. There will be opportunities to earn volunteer points.

Did you know?

  • This is BASS’s major fundraiser of the year.
  • All donations are 100% tax deductible, because USA swimming and BASS have 501c3 status.
  • 95% of all swim-a-thon pledges stay with BASS. The remaining 5% is sent to USA swimming to help fund learn-to-swim and other educational swimming programs.

We have tons of fun things planned for the Swim-A-Thon, including

  • Prizes!  We will have prizes for the male/female swimmer in the 8 & under and 9-10 age groups swimming the most laps, and for the 11-12, 13 14, and 15-18 swimmers (male/female) swimmers who finish first!
  • Food and Drinks!  There will be pizza and drinks for when our swimmers finish their laps!
  • Music!  Coach Alex will be providing the tunes, so get your ideas for fun swim songs to him!

ALSO…

  • Raise $200 in donations and you will get to put a PIE in Coach Alex’s face at the end of year banquet!
  • Raise $300 in donations and you will be entered in a raffle for Speedo goggles!

Top fundraiser prizes (top 3 fundraisers) will be handed out at the end of the year.  These prizes may include gift certificates, swim gear, and sweet SWAG that you can’t get anywhere else!  In addition to the top pledge prizes, all participants will receive a certificate, and those swimming 100 or more laps also will receive a USA Swimming Swim-a-Thon bag tag.

Packets willcome home with your swimmers soon.  Packets will contain items forms to help you with your fundraising:

  • Pledge sheet where you can have your sponsors donate a flat fee or a per lap amount. You can always use extra sheets of paper if you fill up your pledge sheet!
  • A Pledge per Length (Lap) sheet so you can easily calculate how much your sponsor will donate if you complete a certain number of laps.
  • Swim-A-Thon donation receipts – cut these out and give them to your sponsors so they have a record for tax purposes.  Remember, 100% of the donation is tax deductible!

Thank you for your continued support, and we hope you join us at the Swim-A-Thon!

Coach Alex and the BASS Board

 

Forms/Documents:

    Photos: