US Aquatic Sports Convention - VIRTUAL Convention Now
US Aquatic Sports Convention and the USA Swimming convention to be held in Jacksonville, Florida, September 22-26 has been canceled. USA Swimming will host a virtual convention this year September 24-26. Committee meetings and workshops will also be held as virtual meetings. See the agenda below.
The Western Zone Meeting will also be held as a virtual meeting on September 12 and September 19. Information about the Western Zone meeting is posted on the Western Zone website.
On May 1 USA Swimming received the
news below from the United States Aquatics Sports (USAS) regarding
their decision to cancel this year’s Convention, scheduled
for September 22-27, 2020 in Jacksonville, Florida. We support this
very difficult decision and agree that this is in the best interest
of the health and safety of our members and all those scheduled to
USA Swimming has made the decision to move forward with a virtual Convention for its delegates during this same September timeframe. This virtual event will include, at a minimum, the House of Delegates meeting, legislative action, and the Board of Directors election. Affected Committees are encouraged to reschedule their meetings to best suit their needs.
Register online at www.usaswimming.org. Registration deadline is September 21. All legislation and other documents are also available on the USA Swimming website.
May 1, 2020
To all United States Aquatics Sports Affiliated Organizations, As much of the country remains in flux as this devastating COVID-19 global pandemic continues, we have officially made the decision to cancel this year’s USAS Convention, scheduled for September 22-27, 2020 in Jacksonville, Florida.
Many factors have weighed on this decision, namely the overall uncertainty of the circumstances, the likely inability for us to gather safely as a large group or travel across the country, and the effect this ongoing situation has on our ability to plan, coordinate and execute this extensive and interactive in-person assembly.
We thank you for your understanding and wish everyone and their families continued good health.
- 2020 USAS proposed legislation.pdf
- 2020 USAS Virtual Convention FAQs.pdf
- agenda-virtual convention 2020-final-9-8-20.pdf
- board of directors election guide 2020.pdf
- Western Zone – 2020 Business Meeting Agenda.pdf
- Western Zone – 2020 HoD Meeting Agenda.pdf
- WZ 2020.2021 TrRpt & Budget.pdf
- WZ HOD Sept. 2020 - Open Water Report.pdf
- 2020 WZ Athlete Report.pdf
- 2020 WZ HoD Report Non-Coach Dir.pdf
- 2020 WZ Off.Coord.Rpt.pdf
- 2020 WZCC Report_Convention.pdf
- 2020 Western Zone DEI Committee Presentation.pptx
- 2019 WZ HOD Meeting Minutes.pdf