SMAC needs SafeSport Credit - Webinar for Parents
If you as a parent have already taken this training, you do not have to take it again.....
This is a great time to get your club Safe Sport Recognized and required training is a part of that recognition. While parents and athletes can take the training through the USA Swimming Learn platform (learn.usaswimming.org) on their own time, clubs can also use this time to do it together. Successfully complete the required parent and athlete training while staying connected at a distance.
USA Swimming Safe Sport team conduct the
Scheduling a time to get all your athletes or parents together can be a challenge. We have set up a weekly training schedule for parents and athletes to assist you with this. We will do the work; all they have to do is attend.
Steps to training:
1. Starting April 22nd, athletes and parents need only attend one of the weekly Zoom trainings
- Parents: Every Wednesday 3:004:00pm EST
- Athletes: Every Thursday 3:004:00pm EST
- Coaches: Every Friday 3:004:00pm EST
(The coaches training is not a requirement of SSRP. This session
will walk coaches through how to become a Safe Sport
Recognized Club and how to communicate their Safe Sport initiatives to their membership.)
2. Attendance will be taken during the training.
3. USA Swimming Safe Sport Staff will update your club’s training numbers after the training.
4. All done!