Riptide Summer 2020 Registration
Hello Riptide Families,
We are pleased to announce that we opened pre-registration for the summer. We have the potential to phase in our swimmers next week, so we are asking for a very quick turnaround.
Based on the changing guidelines and pool availability, like the virtual dryland sign-ups, we will be taking a week by week approach. Our goal is to get our swimmers safely back in the water!
Swim will look different this summer as we work to adhere to USA Swimming, Michigan Swimming and CDC guidelines which limit swimmers in the pool and require distancing. Swimming has been classified as Level 1 “Low Risk Sport,” however the guidelines are evolving and changing, and we will continue to adapt and modify our approach as guidelines permit.
What you need to know:
- If you are interested in swim, please pre-register!
- We are taking a phased approach based on safety guidelines and pool capacity which means swimmers might have different start dates.
- Some swimmers will start on 6/15 at Northville Park Association.
- Swim time at Northville Park Association pool will be between 7am-12 pm. Practice length will range between 60 and 90 minutes of swim and thirty minutes of dryland. As more pools or pool time becomes available we expect that there may be some changes to the schedule.
- While it is hard to gauge costs before we understand member interest, we anticipate weekly costs to not exceed 63 dollars a week.
- Once you pre-register, we will be back in touch by Saturday, June 13th to confirm the final cost, date, time slot and pool location where you will swim. You will have the option to opt-out at this time.
- We understand these are difficult times, so please reach out if costs are prohibitive to your swimmer(s) getting back in the pool!
Incoming 9th graders and HS Swimmers are encouraged to take advantage of this Week 1 option if you are able. Coach Sara will be in touch with the full plan for HS Conditioning based on MHSAA and District guidelines, so please look out for that communication which will be coming shortly.
We have attached a Pre-Registration Q&A to address questions, a Sample COVID 19 Specific Waiver that will be part of final registration, and our Safe Return Guidelines to which all the club and swimmers will need to adhere. These documents are also attached.
We cannot wait to see you back in the pool!
Your Riptide Coaching Staff
- Summer Riptide Pre-Registration Q and A FINAL 6-10.docx
- Sample COVID 19 Specific Waiver for Swim 2020.pdf
- Safe Return Plan for Athletes and Families