Summer Championships (Intrasquad) AGE GROUP SESSIONS
Meet Information for Loggerhead Summer Championships
August 7-9th, 2020
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY OVER THE RULES OF THE MEET AS WELL AS THE LOCATION, DAY, AND TIME OF YOUR SESSION.
Heat Sheet (Full) – if you go to the event page you can download just your session.
Quick Rules of the Meet
- Arrive early but wait outside in cars/front circle of the Aquatic Complex / REC Center until a Loggerhead Coach gives you the OK to enter the facility. Warm ups will start promptly as we MUST start each session on time.
- You must have a mask with you and on to come into the facility for the meet (both pools). Wear your mask and maintain distance at all times while not swimming.
- No Locker Room use. Swimmers must come in their suit and leave in their suit. Restroom use at the Rec Center will be the single family restroom at the back of the facility by the baby pool. The Locker Rooms will be used for restroom use at the Aquatic Complex.
- Head to any open deck chair (Aquatic Complex). Use the grass area utilizing social distancing at the Rec Center. This will be your station for the duration of the meet. When not in competition, you will be asked to sit in your chair to spectate the meet and cheer for your teammates.
- After each race in the Senior Session, swimmers will complete a 75 cool down swim and exit on the turn end side of the pool. Age Group sessions will be between a 25 and 75 depending on that session’s timeline.
- We will have warm up / warm down breaks through the meet.
- Swimmers not swimming certain events will be the timers for those that are swimming. While timing, the swimmers will be required to wear a mask.
- We will Live Stream the event via Facebook Live. Links will be emailed out with the heat sheet (or depending on how all that works, posted the day of).
- Spectators will not be allowed into the facility, just coaches, officials, and the group of swimmers assigned to race at that time.
- In case of inclement weather, swimmers will be asked to wait in their vehicle or under the front pavilion area / under the locker room awnings. We would prefer vehicles but understand not all swimmers will have that avenue.
- Be sure to bring enough water / snacks for yourself. We will not have anything for sale and the water fountains are still not open.
- Check your temperature and for signs of symptoms the day of the meet. Please do not come to the venue if sick (same as every practice). All items from the practice waiver apply to this meet as well.
With this new meet format, we hope that all sessions go off in a timely and efficient manner. We look forward to having our swimmers be able to get up and race in a safe and fun environment. Our officials, coaches, and swimmers on deck will be asked to follow proper distancing and use of PPE through times not in competition in accordance with the proposed USA Swimming guidelines for return to competition.
Times at the Aquatic Complex pool can be used for FLAGs cuts, however those times will have a 0.10 per 50 time add for FLAG swims.
Times at the Rec Center will be able to be used towards National Meet cuts.
Senior Girls + Gold+ 9th Graders
Rec Center Pool
Friday – 6:30am Warm Ups / 7:00am Start
Saturday – 8:20am Warm Ups / 8:50am Start
Sunday – 6:30am Warm Ups / 7:00am Start
Senior Boys + Gold Plus 9th Graders
Rec Center Pool
Friday – 8:20am Warm Ups / 8:50am Start
Saturday – 6:300am Warm Ups / 7:00am Start
Sunday 8:20am Warm Ups / 8:50am Start
Friday 10:00am Warm Ups / 10:40am Start
(May start a little late, our officials are moving from one pool to another)
Saturday 10:00am Warm Ups / 10:40am Start
Sunday 10:00am Warm Ups / 10:40am Start
As usual, if you elect to wear a cap it MUST be a Loggerhead team cap.
Age Group – Green on your Day
Senior Sessions – Green, Blue, Champs
Tech suits may be worn for this meet. If you are going to wear one it must be on prior to your arrival (no locker room changing).