2020 H2A Season Kickoff Meet
2020 H2A Season Kick Off Meet
September 18-20, 2020
- Athletes must be registered for the 2020 - 2021 season
- Athletes may enter up to two (2) individual events on Friday and four (4) individual events on Saturday and Sunday.
Meet Entry Deadline: September 9
Swimmer Needs: Competition Suit, Team Cap, goggles, towels, water/gatorade/fruit juice, snacks (NOT junk food) good fuel is crucial! Folding chair if desired.
Approximate cost of meet: $50-70.
Team Hotel and Meet Information: NONE
Friday,September 18, 2020
Warm-up: 4:00 pm
Timed Finals: 5:00 pm
12 and Under: Saturday and Sunday morning,September 19 and 20, 2020
Warm-up: 7:30 am
Timed Finals: 9:00 am
13 and Over: Saturday and Sunday afternoon,September 19 and 20, 2020
Warm-up: 2:00 pm
Timed Finals: 3:00 pm
Hilton Head Aquatics COVID-19 Meet Plan
· The listed Safety Marshal is responsible for coordinating Return to Competition Plan and SafeSport Protocols.
· All non-competing persons ie officials, coaches, timers, spectators, and meet administrators must comply with mandated social distancing and mass gathering rules. Athletes are strongly encouraged to wear masks between events.
· Entrance to the pool will be through the main pool entrance, with exit only through the rear gates.
· There will be no spectators allowed on the pool deck.
· Swimmers must arrive in their suits. Locker rooms will be designated for restroom use only. No changing or showering will be allowed. Locker room and restroom use must comply with all Safesport guidelines. There are outdoor showers available.
· Parents/Guardians will be able to observe and have access to their children throughout the meet. The Island Rec Center has ample parking and lawn space, with a chain link fence around the pool, so parents and spectator can have view of the swimmers and events by watching through the fence. Swimmers can contact their parents with cell phones; there will be a volunteer with a cell phone to assist should a swimmer not have a cell phone
· Meet Personnel for each session are as follows: 1 Head Timer, 6-8 timers (depending on the lanes in use), 2-4 Officials, 1 Safety Marshal, 1 Meet Referee, 1 Deck Referee, 1 Administrative Official, 1 Computer/Console operator, 1 Meet Director, 1 Starter, 5-7 Coaches to direct trafficking of heats/swimmers, and 1-2 volunteers to monitor social distancing and contact point for swimmers without cell phones.
· Facility Personnel for each session are as follows: 2-3 lifeguards, 1 custodian
· There will be no more than 30 Meet Personnel on deck for each session. According to state and local guidelines, the pool capacity is 300 under normal circumstances. We will adhere to current social distancing guidelines. If the limit is 50% capacity we can hold at least 120 swimmers on the pool deck at one time. There will be a designated overflow area for any swimmers in excess of this number.
· Pre-meet warm-ups will adhere to social distancing guidelines. There will be no more than four swimmers per lane, spaced across the pool (one at each end, one at each flag). Swimmers will be in lanes with members of their own team. Warm up times will be posted once we have the total number of swimmers.
· For the 12 and under session: Pre-meet warmups as above. There will be no warmup or warm down lane available during the meet. To adhere to social distancing guidelines, we may work breaks in to the meet every 30-60 minutes so swimmers can have a brief warm up. Guidelines as above will be followed.
· For the 13 and over session: Pre-meet warmups as above. There will be no warmup or warm down lane available during the meet. To allow for warm downs, we may schedule the events to include a 75 yard warm down after each heat. This will give swimmers a brief warm down plus will ensure that all swimmers exit at the end of the pool opposite the timers and upcoming heats. To adhere to social distancing guidelines, we may work breaks in to the meet every 30-60 minutes so swimmers can have a brief warm up. Guidelines as above will be followed.
· Seating for swimmers will be assigned by team, and swimmers will have a specific seat that they will take throughout the session. Bleacher seating and deck chairs will be separated by 6 feet. The pool deck will be cleaned between sessions. There will be no spectator seating.
· There will be a minimum of 30 minutes in between sessions to allow for full facility evacuation and disinfection.
· Hospitality for coaches and officials will be prepacked snacks and drinks. The hospitality room will not be open. Snacks and drinks will be available poolside. Coaches and officials will have access to the indoor Island Rec Center to cool down as needed.
· Facility staff and team personnel will be on hand to ensure all safety precautions and facility guidelines are followed.
· If at all possible Coaches and Officials meetings will be held virtually prior to the start of the meet.
· There will be no vendors at the meet. Concessions may be provided in the area outside the pool, but be prepared to bring all food and drinks for your swimmers and families.
· Failure to comply with the submitted COVID-19 Meet Plan could result in the sanction being rescinded and possible denial of future sanctions for a term of not longer than one season (short course or long course).
Assumption of Risk Disclaimer
· Hilton Head Aquatics has taken enhanced health and safety measures for all attending this event however we cannot guarantee you that you will not become infected with COVID-19. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the Island Rec Center. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease of Control and Prevention, senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
· USA Swimming, Inc., South Carolina Swimming, Inc., Hilton Head Aquatics and the Island Red Center cannot prevent you (or your children) from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while participating in USA Swimming/South Carolina Swimming sanctioned events. It is not possible to prevent against the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to participate in a USA Swimming/South Carolina Swimming sanctioned event, you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
· BY ATTENDING OR PARTICIPATING IN THIS COMPETITION, YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 AND FOREVER RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS USA SWIMMING AND SOUTH CAROLINA SWIMMING AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DISEASE OR PROPERTY LOSSES, OR ANY OTHER LOSS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE AND GIVE UP ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE TO SEEK DAMAGES, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, FORESEEN, OR UNFORESEEN, IN CONNECTION WITH EXPOSURE, INFECTION, AND/OR SPREAD OF COVID-19 RELATED TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION.