LAC Fall Classic
Venues: Lewisville ISD Westside Aquatic Center (WAC)
1750 Duncan Lane
Lewisville, TX 75067
SAFE SPORT: Due to COVID-19 we are not allowing spectators in the building during the competition. All facility doors will be open, but we ask you do not congregate at the entrance. We may be live streaming the event to give parents and guardians an opportunity to watch their athlete compete. Live stream info will be posted on the LAC website prior to the start of the swim meet.
Meet Format: This is a short course yards prelims/final meet. Prelims will be run in one (1) - 8 lane course in a chase start format from opposite ends. Finals will be in one (1) - 8 lane course starting from one end. All events will be swum as Open.
This meet will be capped at 300 swimmers in each flight/session.
• A & B flights for Prelims. A flight is swimmers with at least 1 AAA Time Standard by age group. B flight is swimmers that qualify for the meet, but do not have a AAA cut. However, LAC reserves the right to move swimmers into different flights to make the numbers in each flight a similar size.
• Heats will be run with odd heats starting from one side (East end) of the pool and even heats starting from the opposite end (West end).
• All events 200 yards and less will be pre-seeded.
• All events will be swum fastest to slowest.
• For Prelims – the 400 IM and 500 Free will be seeded fastest to slowest, swimming in this order: top 3 heats of girls, top 3 heats of boys, then alternating girls and boys for remainder of heats.
• The Girls 1000 Free & Boys 1650 will be seeded fastest to slowest, alternating girls / boys.
• If there is a tie qualifying for finals between a swimmer in the A flight and the swimmer in the B flight, a swim off will take place 30 minutes prior to the start of the finals session.
• There will be A, B, C, D, & E Finals for all events 100 yards and shorter and swum in that order (fastest to slowest).
• There will be A, B, C, & D Finals for all events 200 – 500 yards and swum in that order (fastest to slowest).
• The 1000 & 1650 Free will be Timed Finals with the top 8 swimmers swimming in finals and all other swimming in prelims.
• All finalists will report to staging area.
• The finals sessions will only allow the following to gain access to facility: qualifying swimmers & alternates of that session, coaches of those swimmers, officials and volunteers working that session. All others will not be allowed entry into facility.
Finals & Scratching:
• Any swimmer qualifying for any of the evening finals heats will have 30 mins from the announcement of qualifiers to notify the clerk of course of their intent not to compete, or to defer the decision. A flight finals qualifiers will be announced as tentative during the A flight. Swimmers must declare their intention at that time at the Clerk of Course.
• Additionally, 1st & 2nd alternates will be announced with the qualifiers for evening finals heats. Alternates will not be penalized if unable to compete.
• Swimmers who scratch out of an event will not have their meet fees refunded.
• Swimmers who ‘No Show’ for finals, will be removed from the remainder of the meet, unless excused used by the meet referee because of illness or injury.
**There will be no penalty for ‘No Showing’ Prelims**
Lakeside Aquatic Club reserves the right to change, the amount of lanes used in competition pool, update meet start times, update meet warm up times, add in necessary breaks to allow for rest, including but not limited to; chase starts, change of warm-up sessions depending on meet size, etc.
Qualifying Times: Swimmers must have achieved the 2017-2020 15-16 AA time to enter the meet. Any swimmer with at least 1 qualifying time can enter the meet entry limit.
Swimmers can enter the 1000 with a 1650 qualifying time and can enter the 1650 with a 1000 qualifying time.
Age up Date: The age of the swimmer will be his/her age on November 6, 2020.
Invited Teams: All North Texas registered teams along with invited teams from outside the LSC that border NT LSC.
Restrictions: Each swimmer may participate in a maximum of 3 events per day. Event seeding will use SCY, LCM and SCM times that are provable in USA Swimming’s SWIMS database.
Entry Deadline: All entries shall be received, not later than 6:00PM Central Time, October 22, 2020. There will be no changes or additions to entries after deadline.
Entry Fees: $10.00 per individual event.
A surcharge of $20.00 per swimmer will apply, $3.00 of the surcharge will go to North Texas swimming.
Please include a Meet Entry Fee report with your payment. Refunds will not be given for any reason.
Make checks payable to: LAC
Deck Entries: No late entries allowed. If a swimmer misses an event at the meet, they will not be put into an empty lane in a later heat.