VA BR Riptides Meet Series #2
Sign-ups for the VA YMCA Blue Ridge Riptides Series #2 meet are open for ALL swimmers. The deadline for signups is midnight, Monday, October 19, 2020. The meet will be held at the Salem Family YMCA, 1126 Kime Lane, Salem, VA 24153. There will be 4 teams attending this meet: VA YMCA Blue Ridge (host team), BASS, ACAC, and CCA. This is a 2 day meet on October 31, 2020 – November 1, 2020.
- Saturday, October 31 is a distance session (open 500 Free and
11 & over 1000 free)
- Swimmers competing in distance events are required to provide their own timers and lap counters. Timers and lap counters are required to wear masks.
- All 13 and older swimmers will swim in the morning session on Sunday, November 1.
- All 12 and under swimmers will swim in the afternoon session on Sunday, November 1.
This meet is NOT included in your swim dues. There is $15.00 per swimmer flat fee. Swimmers may enter a maximum of 1 distance event on Saturday. Swimmers may enter a maximum of 4 individual events on Sunday IF entering the 400 IM. If the swimmer is NOT entering the 400 IM, the swimmer may enter a maximum of 3 individual events.
A clerk of course will be provided for all swimmers in all sessions. Clerk of course will be in our family pool. Swimmers names will be called and lined up and sent into lap pool one heat at a time. Swimmers will enter lap pool on lane one side of the pool. Once swimmers from previous heat exit the pool and head to the exit side (lane 8) of the pool, the swimmers will walk to their lane from lane 1 side of the pool.
Some important notes:
- Athletes must arrive in their suits. Locker rooms will not be available.
- All individuals entering the facility will be expected to answer Virginia Department of Health screening questions to include temperature screening.
- Coaches, officials, and spectators must wear masks.
- The special COVID rules will be sent out to all members of VABR, ACAC, BASS, and CCA. There will be signs at the Salem Family YMCA explaining the rules and will be enforced by meet marshalls.
- Deck access to the pool will be strictly enforced. Swimmers (during their events), coaches, officials and event staff only will be permitted access to the deck during warm up and competitions.
- Spectators can watch their swimmer race only, and then exit through the designated exit door on pool deck.
- No spectators will be allowed on pool deck during warm ups.
- Swimmers will wear masks up until they are to swim their race. When finished racing, swimmers will put masks back on.
- Please read the attached meet announcement for additional information.
All parents will be expected to time during the meet - a schedule will be sent a day or so prior to the meet, so please be sure to check your email for the timing schedule. There will be 1 timer per lane. Timers ARE required to wear a mask during their timing session. Heat sheets will be e-mailed out to parents by the Friday before the meet. There will be no concessions on site.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “VA BR Riptides Meet Series #2” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign <Name> up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear. Don’t worry if there are NTs in the Best Time column. These are USA swim times. If this is your first year with BASS, your swimmer will not have any times.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. Entry maximums are listed above.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks, <Name> will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.