18&U Championships - Lewisville, TX
Meet Announcement and more information to follow. See attached for qualifying times.
Lewisville ISD Westside Aquatic Center (WAC)
1750 Duncan Lane
Lewisville, TX 75067
Lakeside Aquatic Club is proud to host the 18 and Under Championships at the Lewisville ISD Westside Aquatic Center on December 10-13. Our goal is to put on a safe meet for our athletes that is hopefully similar atmosphere to a normal Winter Junior Nationals. Even though this meet will have COVID safety guidelines we believe we can run a fun and fast meet. In the next few weeks, LAC will be running our practice meet for this event, our Fall Classic. The Fall Classic Meet is a prelim/final meet with 440 athletes in the meet. We will be running two flights (A and B Flight) in the morning and finals at night. Our meet will be unlike normal flighted prelim/final meets, where athletes can swim in both the A flight and the B flight. Instead, we need to restrict the size of each session, so a swimmer will be put into either the A flight or the B flight. Our plan is to have the fastest swimmers in the A flight and the next group of swimmers in the B flight. Therefore, we are putting swimmers in flights by their best event. So if you are the top seed in the 100 breast, you will be in the A flight no matter if you are seeded last in every other event. We will do this for all events until we break the meet into halves. Our plan is to run our 18 and Under meet with the same guidelines.
LAC is currently working on the meet information for this meet and it should be sanctioned within the next few weeks. We will send out an meet information and an event file to this email group as soon as we get this meet sanctioned.
Here are some important announcements for our 18 and Under Meet
- Masks must be worn at all times by all swimmers and coaches inside the facility and within hospitality (can take it off to eat or drink only).
- We recommend swimmers bring a zip lock bag for their mask on deck to keep dry. Swimmers must have mask on before moving around the facility.
- SWIMMERS AND COACHES WILL BE WARNED ONCE ONLY ABOUT NOT FOLLOWING MASK GUIDELINES. AFTER FIRST WARNING SWIMMER OR COACH WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE MEET. NO EXCEPTIONS! Mask guidelines and other COVID Safety protocols will be published with meet information.
- Swimmers will be seated in the stands upstairs. No seating on the pool deck for swimmers.
- There is a one way flow of traffic for the meet. A diagram will be sent out and must be followed by all teams.
- There will be a ready bench for the first
- We will swim in one competition pool with odd heats going off one side of competition pool and even heats going off bulkhead side of pool.
- Our facility will open at 9 am on Thursday, December 10 and will be open till 2 pm for any teams wanting to warm-up prior to the meet. Please email me and let me know when you want to swim and how many swimmers will be coming to warm-up on Thursday. This will be a first come first serve due to limited space. We will assign 6 swimmers per lane.
- There will be a 30 minute transition period between both A flight and B flight to allow our facility to clean.
- We will live stream the meet. No parents are allow in the facility. Tents are welcomed outside in designated areas.
- Hospitality will be outside in a large tent to allow coaches and officials to spread out
- Each session will have two warm-up sessions that will be about 30-45 minutes. Teams will have assigned lanes for meet warm-up. Our facility allows 6 swimmers per lane.
- Only swimmers competing in finals will be allowed in the building for finals. We need to keep the numbers low.
- Swimmers only swimming relays in finals will have a specific time they are allowed in the facility to keep our numbers in line with facility standards.
- 4 swimmers per locker room. We will not have a place for swimmers to put on their tech suits at the facility.
- Relays will be swum in finals at the meet.
- Each team is allowed an A and B relay.
- Thursday night we will have the 200 Free Relay, 200 Medley Relay, and 800 Free Relay.
- Friday will be the 400 Medley Relay.
- Saturday will be the 400 Free Relay.
- No relays will be swum on Sunday.
- There are no relay time standards.
- Each team is only allowed 1 Relay only male and 1 relay only female swimmer.
- We will use the same event order as a normal Winter Junior Nationals, except for relays as stated above
- A, B and C Finals for all individual events
- There are no bonus events
- There will be a coaches meeting on Thursday before relays start.
- Medals will be given out just like a normal juniors to the top 8 swimmers. Awards ceremony will be given out immediately after the A final swims. Swimmers must wear masks on the awards podium.
- Attached is the hotel list
- We will be pre-selling 18 and Under Meet shirts, hoodies and other meet gear online. Swimmers will be able to pick up gear at the start of the meet. No gear sales will happen on site.
- Fall Classic Accomodations.pdf
- 1283284_NT 091-20 LAC Long Course Time Trial Revised.pdf
- 1283634_NT 093-20 2020-ARENA Winter Championships.pdf
- ARENA Winter Championships Safety Plan INFO.pdf
- Deck Flow Chart.pdf