NOVA December Dash
Sign-ups for the NOVA December Dash meet are open for ALL swimmers. The deadline for signups is midnight, Friday, November 20, 2020. The meet will be held at the NOVA Aquatics Center, 12207 Gayton Road, Richmond, VA 23238 and will be held December 4-6, 2020.
- The Friday evening session will include the 12 & under 500 Free and 200 IM, as well as the 13 & over 500 free events.
- 13 & over swimmers will compete in the Saturday & Sunday morning sessions.
- 13-18 swimmers may compete in any event regardless of time standard classification.
- 12 & under swimmers will compete in the Saturday & Sunday afternoon sessions.
- 9-12 swimmers may compete in any event in which they have a “BB”, “B”, or “C” time.
- 8 & under swimmers may compete in any 8 & under events regardless of time standard classification.
This meet is NOT included in your swim dues. There is $6.00 per event entry fee, and an $8.50 per swimmer surcharge, to include enhanced Covid-19 facility expenses and free access to the heat sheets.
Swimmers may enter a maximum of 3 individual events per day. When entering 11-12 events, pay close attention to the possibility of back-to-back events. Swimmers must be prepared to swim back-to-back without a break. Please see the order of events on the meet announcement.
NOVA will provide all timers, including distance events. Swimmers must provide their own lap counters for distance events. All lap counters must wear face masks.
Some important notes:
- Athletes must arrive in their suits. Locker rooms will not be available.
- All individuals entering the facility will be expected to answer Virginia Department of Health screening questions to include temperature screening.
- All individuals, regardless of age, must wear face coverings when entering and exiting the facility, while on deck, and in any interior spaces.
- Swimmers will be staged by heat assignment using social distance markings before each swim. There will be a clerk of course process to facilitate the flow of events.
- Swimmers must be actively warming up, in the heat staging process, racing, or actively cooling down while in the facility. If the swimmer is not actively engaged in one of these activities, the swimmer will not be allowed to remain in the facility.
- Only ONE spectator per swimmer will be allowed entry to the “watch & go” area. There is NO spectator seating.
- Athletes and families must remain outside the pool and maintain proper social distancing. Participants and family members not adhering to this standard will be asked to leave the premises immediately. Participants asked to leave will not be allowed to race.
- Please read the attached meet announcement for additional information.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “NOVA December Dash” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign
up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear. Don’t worry if there are NTs in the Best Time column. These are USA swim times. If this is your first year with BASS, your swimmer will not have any times.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. Entry maximums are listed above.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks,
will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.