PAC Penguin Snowflake Meet (12 & Under)
Jan 17, 2021 (07:00 AM) - Jan 17, 2021 (05:00 PM)
December, 31 2020
Tibu Celeste,Tibu Verde (2020-2021 (11mon),2020-2021 (9mon))
Due to continued space limitations this meet will only be open to 12 & Under Competition level swimmers. Should space allow we will open up additional spaces for our registered Jr. Developmental Swimmers.
We would like to have all of our volunteer positions filled by Wednesday, January 13. Please let families know that they can volunteer using this sign-up genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/
1. Claude Moore has been a great partner in offering their facility for our use and we MUST adhere to the protocols that they have established in allowing us to use their facility so that we will all continue to have a facility for use.
2. We are asking COACHES to arrive in time to enter the facility prior to the swimmers' entrance. Coaches will use the Coaches, Volunteers and Timers' entrance.
3. The SWIMMERS entrance door will display either a GREEN Sign (Swimmers may enter for next session) or RED sign (No Swimmers enter yet - Prior session still competing). Swimmers need to remain in their cars until the GREEN sign is displayed. We plan to open the door 20-30 minutes prior to warm-ups.
4. Coaches are also reminded that at least one coach per team is REQUIRED in the bleacher area to greet the swimmers and make sure they are properly spaced in the team's assigned seating area throughout the session. Please send a list (by Tuesday, January 12) of ALL coaches and their emails (by session) who will be attending the meet and designate who will be the coach in the bleachers. We need to make sure we adhere to our limited number of coaches allowed.
5. Swimmers are REQUIRED to physically sit on the circles on the bleachers (Circles are socially distanced). (The facility staff can see and tell if the swimmers are NOT adhering to this requirement. They will notify us if it is not being followed and insist that it is corrected immediately!) Coaches will be responsible for ensuring their team members are following the protocol.
6. Coaches will also assist with lining up heats of swimmers against the wall by the bleachers. Swimmers will line up in the bleacher area (Socially Distanced), proceed as a heat to the stairwell/hallway waiting area, and then proceed on deck when instructed by a marshal.
7. We will be racing in the 8 middle lanes of the 10 lane pool. Lane numbers 1-8 will be marked on the SIDE of the starting blocks (Not the numbers on the top of the starting block). Swimmers will wear their face masks until they reach the chair behind their starting block. They will then remove their facemask, put it in a ziplock bag and then place the BAG in the basket on the chair. After the race, swimmers will return to the chair, take the facemask out of their bag, put it ON and then proceed around the pool clockwise to either the cool down lanes or the bleacher area. Marshals will be available to direct swimmers.
8. During the 25-yd events, swimmers will start on the deck of the bulkhead (no starting blocks). Swimmers will wear their face masks until they reach their lane on the bulkhead. They will then remove their facemask, put it in a ziplock bag and then place the BAG in the basket with their lane number on it. While they are racing, a volunteer will carry the baskets to the finish end and place them on the chairs behind their lane. After the race, swimmers will go to the chair, take the facemask out of their bag, put it ON and then proceed around the pool clockwise to either the cool down lanes or the bleacher area. Marshals will be available to direct swimmers.
9. Remind everyone to compete this Screening questionnaire prior to arriving at the facility: Health Screener for Meet. We ask that it is completed no more than 24 hours prior to their session and preferably at least an hour before their warm-ups to help with getting people entered quickly. Also ask all participants to review the attached meet announcement and supplemental documentation.
We will be sending out additional information this week including psych sheets, warm-up assignments, and team area assignments. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know. We look forward to seeing everyone soon!!