Meet v. Indy and Cole @ Huntington
YMCA Meet v. Indy and Cole @ Huntington or Wabash County YMCA
Warm-ups @ 12:00 p.m., Meet start at 1:00 p.m.
Only one spectator per family will be allowed entry and masks will be required.
This meet is a YMCA swimming meet. As such, there are no meet fees associated with the meet.
Statement about COVID-19:
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
Indiana Stars Swim Club, the Huntington County YMCA, the Wabash County YMCA, and the YMCA of the USA, cannot prevent you (or your child(ren)) from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while participating in swimming events. It is not possible to prevent the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to participate in this event, you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
BY ATTENDING OR PARTICIPATING IN THIS COMPETITION, YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 AND FOREVER RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE HUNTINGTON COUNTY YMCA, WABASH COUNTY YMCA, AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY LIABILITY OR CLAIMS INCLUDING FOR PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DISEASE OR PROPERTY LOSSES, OR ANY OTHER LOSS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE AND GIVE UP ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE TO SEEK DAMAGES, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN, IN CONNECTION WITH EXPOSURE, INFECTION, AND/OR SPREAD OF COVID-19 RELATED TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION.
- All spectators, coaches, swimmers, volunteers, and officials MUST wear a mask when entering the building.
- All spectators, coaches, swimmers, volunteers, and officials will be required to sign a Covid-19 release of liability waiver.
- All spectators, coaches, swimmers, volunteers, and officials will be subjected to temperature check .
- All spectators will be seated in a socially distanced manner, no exceptions.
- Athletes are to arrive in their suits, no locker room admittance. Swimmers may use the bathroom as necessary. Meet monitors will monitor the locker rooms for bathroom use and limit the number of individuals to 2 at a time.
- Only 1 spectator per current session swimmer will be allowed . Swimmer and spectator guardian must check in together.
- No concessions, gear sales, or vendors will be permitted onsite.
- Assigned team camping areas will be designated on the deck.
- No heat sheets, or results will be printed. Results will only be available via Meet Mobile.
- All doors will be monitored to ensure one-way traffic.
- Doors to the pool deck will open to swimmers/spectators 15 minutes prior to warmups for each session to allow time to disinfect and clean the pool area.
- No swimmer will be permitted in the stands during the meet . Once all events are completed for that session, the swimmer and spectator will need to exit the building.
- Swimmers are to remain in their assigned camping area until preparing for their heat and are required to wear a mask while not physically in the pool.
- Warm ups will be assigned and split up to ensure socially distanced swimming.
- Deck traffic will be monitored and directed via clerk of course.
- Once at the block, swimmer will need to remove their mask and place it behind the diving block . It is recommended the swimmer bring a plastic baggie to put their mask in during their heat . After the heat is completed, swimmer must exit pool and immediately put mask back on before leaving the starting block area.