Laurel Winter Invitational
Saturday, January 16 UPDATED
8 & Under, Warm Up - 8:00am, Meet Start - 9:00am
9-12 Years, Warm Up - 10:00am, Meet Start - 11:00am
13 & Older: Warm Up - 1:00pm, Meet Start - 2:00pm
- The 9-12 and 13 & over sessions have been moved an hour earlier, see above
- Be sure to print out a heat sheet ahead of time, as they will not be selling them at the meet.
- The Heat Sheets for the meet are posted under forms/docs below.
- The meet timeline is also posted below.
Updated Meet Notes from the meet host:
- Due to Covid restrictions, LSA is limiting the number of participants to 100 per session. Each athlete may have one support person at the facility. That limits the facility to 200 total per session, not including coaches meet officials and other deemed essential personnel. *see additional team notes regarding this below
- While inside the facility everyone including coaches, officials, and essential personnel, are required to wear a mask.
- Team areas will be assigned. We ask that all persons in attendance practice social distancing while in attendance. If the weather cooperates, we will ask that those not participating wait outside and practice social distancing.
- We ask that swimmers approach the competition area from the west side (shallow end) and exit to the north (deep end). Please ask swimmers to come to the meet with their swim suits on. Changing limited to bathroom stalls and we ask no more than two swimmers at a time in Locker room and shower.
Notes from the Coaches:
Masks will be required inside the pool area at all times, so make sure you and your swimmer(s) wear them!
Heat Sheets – be sure to print your portion of the heat sheet ahead of time. They will not have heat sheets at the meet, so it is your responsibility to have this printed ahead of time. Since this meet is split into three sessions, you only need to print the section with your child’s age group. For example, 8 & Under swimmers will only need page 1 & 2 printed, not all 12 pages!
This meet is going to run very quick and many events will be VERY close together. Be sure to follow the heat sheet and have your kids prepared for their events. We will NOT have sharpies and help you put events on your swimmers, as we have done in the past. We recommend parents do this ahead of time at home, so we do not crowd around in any one area.
Parents, please do not come to the coaches tables or stand in the area behind the coaches. We need to keep the area clear, so swimmers can get to their events without a crowd in the way. Please be sure to remind your swimmers to maintain social distancing and not crowd around the coaches and to be patient when waiting to talk to us. If your child’s events are very close together, they may need to wait to see us, as to not miss their events. We know it is important for immediate feedback to see them after their races, however given the current circumstances, we may not be able to address them before and after each event, as we have normally done in the past.
Keep in mind that the meet is only allowed to have 100 spectators on deck, in addition to 100 swimmers. The 8 & under session is very small, so most likely that session won’t have any problems with limiting spectators. For the 9-12 and 13 & over sessions, there are close to 100 swimmers in the meet. That would be one spectator per swimmer. However, we know many swimmers will have one parent with multiple children. As far as how the meet will regulate this, we are as uncertain as you! Therefore, be prepared to possibly wait in your car or wait outside in between events and limit extra spectators.
When arriving to the meet, please find the assigned team area and wait there prior to warm up. The coaches will come to the team area and assign warm up lanes and sides of the pool to start on. We will then head to the warm up area after the assignments have been made.
With tomorrow being very cold, please bring many warm layers, blankets, jackets, sweatshirts, etc. Be sure to pack extra towels, as cold wet towels are never fun on a cold meet day! Your swimmer will have a much better race if they stay warm in between events. Have your child wear their warm clothes behind the blocks and keep warm until right before going to the blocks.
There will be a hook for your swimmer's mask at the block, but please bring a ziplock baggie to protect your child's mask from getting wet! Have them place their mask in the baggie before putting it on the hook.
There will be very limited concessions, water and gatorade. We recommend you bring your own water and light snacks (if there is time in between events for a snack).
We also recommend bringing chairs, so that you can spread out within our team area or even outside.
Please see the link below, under forms, for the meet invitation with more details. Be sure to read the COVID-19 release form at the end of the meet invitation. By signing up for this meet, you aggree to the release in the meet invitation.
4978 Highway 84 West
Laurel, MS 39443
Special Meet Notes from the Meet Host:
EVERYONE, ENTERING THE POOL AREA, IS REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK AND PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING. THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO COACHES, OFFICIALS, MEET WORKERS, SWIMMERS AND SPECTATORS.
THE MEET IS LIMITED TO 100 SWIMMERS PER SESSION. THERE WILL BE ANDDITIONAL 100 SPECTATORS ALLOWED INSIDE THE POOL AREA. TEAM BLEACHER SEATING WILL BE DESIGNATED BY THE HOST. THIS NUMBER DOES NOT INCLUDE ESSENTIAL WORKERS FOR THE MEET; I.E. (COACHES, OFFICIALS, TIMERS, RUNNERS, ETC.)
SWIMMERS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE COMPETITION AREA FROM THE WEST SIDE (SHALLOW END) OF THE POOL AND EXIT THE COMPETITION AREA TO THE EAST SIDE (DEEP END) , SWIMMERS SHOULD FOLLOW SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS AS APPROACHING COMPETITION AREA. SWIMMERS SHOULD WEAR MASK AS THEY APPROACH THE COMPATITION AREA. EACH STARTING BLOCK HAS A HOOK FOR THEIR MASK AS THEY SWIM, THEY CAN THEN RETRIVE THE MASK AS THEY EXIT THE COMPETITION AREA.
WE ASK THAT PARTICIPANTS ARRIVE AT THE FACILITY WITH THEIR SWIM SUIT ON. CHANGING INTO AND OUT OF SWIM SUITS IS LIMITED TO THE BATHROOM STALLS. WE ASK NO MORE THAN TWO (2) PEOPLE ARE IN LOCKERROOM/SHOWERS AT A TIME.
We ask that all swimmers attending meets wear a team cap at the meet. Caps are available to purchase at the front desk, $15 for Silicone Caps or $6.00 for Latex Caps. If you would like to purchase a cap prior to the meet, please purchase them at the member services desk at either location.
If you find yourself without a team cap on Saturday, come see a coach. We will have limited caps available with us.
- Laurel Winter Invitation 2021 Meet Information.pdf
- Meet Events - Laurel Winter Invitational 2021.pdf
- Meet Fees - Laurel Winter Invitational 2021.pdf
- Heat Sheet for Laurel Winter Invitational 2021.pdf
- Timeline for Laurel Winter Invitational 2021.pdf