WAC Mike Willard Polar Plunge
Sign-ups for the WAC Mike Willard Polar Plunge meet are open for 13+OVER swimmers ONLY. The deadline for signups is midnight, Saturday, January 9, 2021 . The meet will be held at CSAC, 5050 Ridgedale Parkway, Richmond, VA 23234, and will be held January 23-24,2021.
- 13 -14 swimmers will compete in the Saturday & Sunday afternoon sessions.
- 15 & over swimmers will compete in the Saturday & Sunday evening sessions.
This meet is NOT included in your swim dues. There is $8.00 per event entry fee, and an $7.50 per swimmer surcharge, to include enhanced Covid-19 facility expenses.
Swimmers may enter a maximum of 4 individual events per day.
In order to provide parents/guardians who are outside of the facility the ability to view their athletes’ events, this meet will be live-streamed following all MAAPP guidelines. By attending or participating in this competition, you acknowledge and grant permission to be included in the video-streaming.
There may be a timing obligation for this meet. Lap counters will be provided for the distance events. Timers will remain in place for the distance events. Timers and counters must wear masks.
Some important notes:
- All athletes and parents need to report to the screening station upon arrival. Parents serving as chaperones or timers will receive a wrist band once they are screened. All Parents and Athletes must be screened to be on the SWIMRVA Facility grounds.
- SWIMMERS FAILING TO REPORT TO THE SCREENING STATION WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SWIM THE SESSION. MINOR ATHLETES WILL NEED TO REPORT TO THE SCREENING STATION WITH A PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
- Health Screening for all sessions will take place for 30 minutes prior to the first warm up for each session in the front of the building. There may or may not be a tent set up in this location at the time of the meet. Please refer to the session schedule on the meet announcement for scheduled times.
- THERE WILL BE NO INDOOR SPECTATOR SEATING. ONLY ATHLETES, COACHES AND CHAPERONES WILL BE PERMITTED INSIDE AS LISTED ABOVE. Parents must wait outside of the building
- Heat sheets will be distributed electronically at no cost.
- Athletes must arrive in their suits. Changing areas in the Locker rooms will not be available.
- Athletes will be permitted to use the toilets in the Locker Room areas.
- All individuals entering the facility will be expected to answer Virginia Department of Health screening questions to include temperature screening
- Lobby restrooms and Swim and Tri swim shop are open for non-athletes wearing a mask and able to answer Virginia Department of Health screening questions.
- All Coaches, officials, and spectators must wear masks.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “WAC Mike Willard Polar Plunge” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign
up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear. Don’t worry if there are NTs in the Best Time column. These are USA swim times. If this is your first year with BASS, your swimmer will not have any times.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. Entry maximums are listed above.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks,
will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.
- WAC Mike Willard Polar Plunge-REV (1).docx
- 2021-1-23 WAC POLAR PLUNGE Supplemental Information v1 (1).pdf