2021 OH NAAC Valentine's Splash
(this is a team hosted event)
NEW MEET REGISTRATION
ALL MUST (RE)-REGISTER BETWEEN THURS JAN 28 & SAT JAN 30..!
We will update this page as needed as the meet date approaches!
Maximum 4 events per swimmer.
Please arrive in swim suits, face coverings on until behind the blocks ready to swim, and please sit socially distanced.
No spectators - sorry! We do plan on live-streaming on both YouTube Live and Facebook live, links will be sent in an email Saturday prior to the meet and are posted below.
This meet will be 2 sessions! Warm-up and start times follow, and Lead Coaches will assign warm-up sections per groups.
Volunteer spots will open Wed Feb 3 around 8pm. Please note that if you were able to volunteer for our Penguin Plunge make-up meet we THANK YOU and also ask that you wait until Thurs Feb 4 at 8pm to claim any unclaimed volunteer positions so that we can get as many Team Families on deck and involved as possible this odd season. Please only ONE NEW FAMILY VOLUNTEER per the entire meet for the first 24 hour window Wed @ 8pm to Thurs @ 8pm, and after 8pm Thursday all sessions will be open for volunteer spots for ANY interested Team Families.
Sunday Feb 7 Valentine Splash @ NAHS
Session 1 W-ups for Typhoon, Hurricane & select Cyclone Swimmers
- 7:00-7:20am Flight A
- 7:20-7:40am Flight B
- 7:40-8:00am Flight C
Session 1 Starts @ 8:05am
Session 1 estimated end time 11am+
Session 2 W-ups for Tsunami, Wave, Ripple & Breaker Swimmers
- 11:30-11:50am Flight A
- 11:50-12:10pm Flight B
- 12:10-12:30pm Flight C
- 12:30-12:50pm Flight D
Session 2 Starts @ 1:00pm
Session 2 estimated end time 3:30pm +/-
More info in the notes below and Meet Packet linked below!
Please read all info below. We understand that there are significantly more details and protocols to follow than usual, and we appreciate your cooperation so that we can host an official meet at NAHS through USA and Ohio Swimming.
- We will have Heat Sheets & an Estimated Meet Timeline posted below by Saturday Feb 6.
- Please have your Session 2 swimmers write their event, heat and lane on their arm BEFORE they enter the pool area Sunday for their reference.
- Please have your swimmer arrive at the pool 10-15 minutes prior to the start of their session warm-up. Coaches will then split warm-ups for the swimmers (Lead Coaches will email!).
- We will announce events & heats in a timely manner, and we will do our best to get all swimmers to their correct events. We will do our best to prevent swimmers from missing events, and events & sessions are spaced accordingly.
- Session 2 will have Team Swimmer helpers from upper groups to help organize our 8 & Under Swimmers
- Meet Mobile will post unofficial results – meet listed as 2021 OH NAAC Valentine Splash
- We are planning to have live stream video of the competition running on our YouTube channel HERE and on our Face Book page HERE.
- Courtyard entries and exits will NOT be in use during a given session. ALL must use the foyer/stadium entrance & exit.
- Swimmers should sit socially distanced in the bleachers or in the lobby/back hallway.
- All Swimmers and Meet Personnel should wear a face covering while in the building except for swimmers preparing to swim at the deep end (west end) of the pool.
- No restrooms available for non-meet personnel.
- Swimmers will have access to the outside via the stadium/lobby entrance and exit.
- Only meet personnel allowed in the building (pool area, lobby, etc).