2021 SE Short Course Open Championships-Huntsville, AL
For Open Qualifiers Only. In Huntsville, AL at the Huntsville Aquatic Center
This meet format has been modified to an Open Championship. The 14&Under Southeastern qualifiers will be moved to a new Age Group Championship Meet that will be offered at a later date with more information to follow. Any swimmers wanting to attend the Open Championship Feb 19-21, 2021 must make one Southeastern Open Qualifying Time which will make them eligible to swim 6 events. In the 400 IM, 500 & 1650 yd free events, swimmers must make the actual qualifying time to be eligible to swim that event . ENTRY DEADLINE SUNDAY JANUARY 31, 2021 Please see attached files for more detail on meet eventd and procedures and Covid document.
HOST CLUB: Huntsville Swim
DATES OF MEET: February 19-21, 2021
ENTRY DEADLINE: OME will close Tuesday February 9, 2021 at 11:59pm CST
FACILITY: Huntsville Aquatics Center (2213 Drake Avenue SW Huntsville, AL 35805). Indoor 50 meter by 25 yard pool, offering an 8 lane course and a 10 lane course of short course competition, with pool depth a minimum of 7 feet. Automatic timing will be provided by Colorado Timing System with HYTEK interface. Manual back up will be used. Two 10-lane scoreboards will be available. The competition course has been certified in accordance with 104.2.2C(4).
- Use of the bathrooms and locker rooms will be as limited as possible. Swimmers are highly encouraged to arrive in their suits, and leave in their suits.
- Swimmers and their guardians must turn in the attached Covid-19 questionnaire, with all answers needing to be in the negative for entry, and swimmers are subject to a temperature check prior to entry into the facility.
- Spectators will not be allowed into the facility. However, HSA will be providing an online live feed via our YouTube channel.
- All coaches, timers, and officials will be required to wear masks. All athletes are required to wear masks while not in the pool.
- Hard-sided coolers and folding chairs are not permitted in the facility.
- Current Covid-19 Protocols that all athletes, coaches, volunteers, and officials must follow will be spelled out in a separate document(see attached document) and available on the swimhsa.org website.
ELIGIBILITY: Age groups are: Senior. Age on the first day of the meet determines the age group for the entire meet. All swimmers shall be registered with Southeastern Swimming through United States Swimming, Inc. There will be NO on-deck USA Swimming Registration available at the meet.
QUALIFYING TIMES: The 2020-2021
Southeastern Age Group Short Course Yards Time Standards will be
used as a qualifying time for all individual events (as adjusted
for the 1650 Freestyle on January 18). There will be no time
standards for relays. Qualifying times must have been achieved
between the period of September 1, 2019 and the entry deadline.
Faster times achieved following the deadline will not be accepted
in place of times already entered.
BONUS EVENTS: Bonus entries are permitted if a swimmer has at least one 2020-2021 Southeastern Swimming Qualifying Time. A swimmer with one qualifying time may swim up to five (5) bonus swims; two qualifying times, four (4) bonus swims; three qualifying times, three (3) bonus swims, etc… There will be no minimum time standard necessary for bonus events 200 yards and shorter. Please note no bonus swims will be allowed in events 400 yards and longer. Swimmer must have the Time Standard to enter these events (400 IM, 500 Free, 1650 Free).
TIME TRIALS: Time Trials may be held at the conclusion of any preliminary or final session at a coach’s or swimmer’s request, and the Meet Referee’s concurrence. Time Trials are intended only for swimmers attempting to qualify for National Level Meets or Sectional Meets. Fees: $10.00 per individual event; $10.00 per relay.
WARMUP AND COMPETITION TIMES: Pool will be open Thursday February 18 for teams to warmup from 6-8 pm.
- Female Prelims (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) – Warm-up 7:00-8:00 am, Competition begins at 8:10 am
- Male Prelims (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) – Warmup 30 minutes after Female session ends, Competition begins 10 minutes after warmup ends.
- Finals (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) – Warm-up 4:50-5:50 pm, Competition begins at 6:00 pm
- 1650 Freestyle Timed Finals (Sunday) – Warmups 20 minutes after completion of Male Prelims. Once entries have been finalized for the mile, the warm-up times and competition start times will be finalized.
ENTRY LIMITS: Swimmers may
enter and swim three (3) individual events per day and no more than
six (6) individual events in the meet. Once the Psych sheet is
posted, a swimmer entered in the maximum number of events may not
scratch one event to enter another event, except in cases involving
a mistaken entry in the wrong age group that may be corrected by
the Meet Referee. Time Trial events count as one of the three
events allowed on a given day, but do not count as one of the six
individual events in the meet. Relay times should be listed for
each entered relay.
LATE ENTRIES: Late entries are for first time qualifiers who achieved the qualifying times after the entry deadline. This is not a procedure to update times. You may submit an updated time for a swim that upgrades a swim from a bonus cut to a regular standard cut; this may allow for an additional bonus entry. Late entries will be accepted until 6:00pm CST Monday February 15, 2021 for individuals qualifying between February 10 and February 14. Late entry form will be posted to the H.S.A. webpage and sent to teams via e-mail.
ENTRY FEES: Individual Fees: $75.00 per swimmer Flat Fee (includes Heat Sheet) Relay Events: $12.00 per relay
MEET FORMAT: All events will be Prelims/Finals, except for the 1650 Free (which will be swum in its entirety in a separate Sunday session).
All preliminaries and finals will swim in a single 8-lane course. Events 200 yards and shorter will swim a final and two consolation final heats (top 24 prelims finishers) provided that there are at least 40 entries in that event. In the case of an event which has fewer than 40 entries, that event will swim a final and one consolation heat (top 16 prelims finishers). The 400 yard I.M. and the 500 yard Freestyle will swim a final and one consolation heat (top 16 prelims finishers). The 1650 Free will be deck-seeded with positive check-in by the end of the session Friday night. Any C-Final heat will be non-scoring.
Relays will be Timed Finals. Teams are limited to two relay entries in each relay event. Relay cards will be distributed in coaches’ packets. Relay cards must be completely and properly filled out. Swimmers must be entered in individual events to be eligible for relays.