SW District 13 & Over Champs
Sign-ups for 13 & Over swimmers are open for the Southwest District 13 & Over champs swim meet. The meet will be held February 26-28, 2021 at the Christiansburg Aquatic Center, 595 N. Franklin Street, Christiansburg, VA 24073. The deadline for signups is midnight ET, Saturday, February 13, 2021.
Sessions are as follows:
- 13 & Over Girls’ Session: Doors open at 9:15 am, Warm-up begins at 9:30am, Meet begins at 10:30am.
- 13 & Over Boys’ Session: Doors open at 5:30pm, Warm-up begins at 5:45pm, Meet begins at 6:45pm.
- 13 & Over Girls’ Session: Doors open at 10:15 am, Warm-up begins at 10:30am, Meet begins at 11:30am.
- 13 & Over Boys’ Session: Doors open at 2:45pm, Warm-up beings at 3:00pm, Meet begins at 4:00pm.
- 13 & Over Girls’ Session: Doors open at 7:45 am, Warm-up begins at 8:00am, Meet begins at 9:00am.
- 13 & Over Boys’ Session: Doors open at 11:45am, Warm-up begins at 12:00pm, Meet begins at 1:00pm.
- 1000 free (Sunday):
- The pool will be opened for 15 minutes of open warm-ups immediately following the finish of the 200 IM, with the 1000 free starting 5 minutes thereafter.
- The approximate start time for the 1000 will be posted on the lyswimming.org website no later than Monday, February 22, 2021 and will also be emailed to the contact person of the participating clubs.
- The distance sessions will start no earlier than the estimated times.
Swimmers may enter a maximum of 8 individual events TOTAL, with no more than 3 individual events per day.
There is a $6.00/event entry fee for this meet.
There may be a timing obligation for this meet. Timing assignments will be emailed to the team the Wednesday before the start of the meet. Swimmers will report to the Clerk of Course prior to swimming their events. The meet will be live streamed on the LY Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/lynchburgswimming).
Swimmers competing in the 400 medley, 500 free, and 1000 free are responsible for providing their own timers. Swimmers competing in the 1000 free and 500 free are responsible for providing their own lap counters. Timers and counters should be teammates, coaches, or other volunteers who are already in the building for the meet. Parents or spectators may not enter the building to time or count for a swimmer in the distance events.
Some important notes:
- Athletes must arrive in their suits. Locker rooms are NOT available.
- All individuals entering the facility will be expected to answer Virginia Department of Health screening questions to include temperature screening.
- Coaches, officials, and timers must wear masks.
- Spectators will not be allowed inside the venue.
- Additional Covid-related policies and procedures are outlined in the supplemental (attached) document.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “SW District 13 & Over Champs” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign <Name> up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear. Don’t worry if there are NTs in the Best Time column. These are USA swim times. If this is your first year with BASS, your swimmer may not have any times.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. Entry maximums are listed above.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks, <Name> will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.
- 2021 SW District 13 Over SW District Championships v1.docx
- COVID P3.2 CAC Swim Meet Waiver and Guidelines.pdf