Season-End Mock Meet & Photos @ JAMS
As previously communicated, we will be holding a season-end Home Mock Meet at JAMS on Thursday, March 4th. Please see the information below for details on the meet, photos, and how to sign up:
- We highly encourage participation in this event for all swimmers, especially our newer swimmers. This is a great environment for introduction to a meet while in our home pool.
- Coaches will be placing each swimmer in up to 3 individual events as registrations come in. There will also be relays.
- Please indicate whether your swimmer(s) will participate in our Home Mock Meet with a Yes or No response by EOD on 2/26/21.
- We will begin our evening at 5:00PM with Best Impressions
Photography as we have in the past.
- Unlike past years, we will not be able to do a team photo as a group this year. Instead, Christy will take an individual photo of each swimmer and produce a team picture digitally.
- This does not require any photo purchase and we request that all meet participants have an individual photo taken for the team picture.
- Best Impressions will also offer packages or a la carte orders
for individual swimmer pictures as in past years. Order forms will
be distributed as you arrive for photos.
- Please plan to pay with CASH or CHECK at the time of the photos.
- Please have your swimmer wear their team suit for the photos
and the meet. We wear a royal blue color suit.
- If you do not have a team suit, please click here to access our team store. Orders placed early this week should arrive before the meet.
- If you cannot acquire a team suit by the meet, please have your swimmer wear a solid color blue or black suit for photos.
- We will begin our evening at 5:00PM with Best Impressions Photography as we have in the past.
- We will begin gathering swimmers for warm-ups for the meet at 6:00PM. Depending on the number of participants, we may need to stagger warm-up times. More to come on that.
- We will plan to start the meet at 6:30PM and run until all events have been completed. We can use JAMS until 8:30PM and will plan to complete the meet by 8:00PM to allow time to tear down.
- We will have the complete timing system installed for the meet so your swimmer(s) will experience a 'real meet feel' for their events with a starting system and times posting to the timing system clock.
- Majority of events offered will represent normal competition events in sanctioned meets. We also want to have a little fun, so we will be incorporating some fun and goofy events as well.
- At this time, we will be able to allow one
spectator per swimmer for the meet. If this
changes due to lower participation than expected, we will notify
you right away.
- This does not include parents involved in the meet operations. You will be contacted individually if your assistance is needed.
- We will be streaming the meet live on Facebook via the NIS Facebook page for those who cannot attend in person.
- At this time, we will be able to allow one spectator per swimmer for the meet. If this changes due to lower participation than expected, we will notify you right away.
- NIS will provide bottled water and/or sports drinks for swimmers.
- Regarding food, the decision was made to forego provided
food this year for safety reasons due to COVID.
- Please ensure your swimmer brings whatever food/snacks they will require to make it through the duration of the meet.
Please be sure to respond ASAP to notify us if your swimmer(s) will participate in the Home Mock Meet so we can begin working out the remaining details.
As always, please send any questions to our team e-mail at [email protected]. We look forward to seeing all our swimmers next Thursday night for some fun!
The NIS Coaching Staff & Board