Jim Frye Memorial Long Course Invitational
Sign-ups for the Jim Frye Memorial Long Course Invitational are open for ALL swimmers. The deadline for signups is midnight, Saturday, April 17, 2021. The meet will be held at CSAC, 5050 Ridgedale Parkway, Richmond, VA. The meet dates are May 7-9, 2021.
This meet will be swum on the 50 meter course.
- 13 & over distance session will occur Friday evening.
- 12 & under swimmers will compete in the Saturday & Sunday morning sessions.
- 13 & over girls will compete in the Saturday & Sunday mid-day sessions.
- 13 & over boys will compete in the Saturday & Sunday afternoon sessions.
This meet is NOT included in your swim dues. There is $8.00 per event entry fee, and a $7.50 per swimmer surcharge, to include enhanced Covid-19 facility expenses and free access to the heat sheets.
Swimmers may enter a MAXIMUM of 4 individual events per day.
Some important notes:
- All Athletes need to report to the screening station WITH A PARENT OR GUARDIAN upon arrival. Health screening sessions will start 15 minutes piror to the first warm up for each session in the front of the building/under the health screening area.
- No indoor spectator seating, but there will be a Spectator Watch and Go area. See the attached meet announcements for additional information.
- All individuals, regardless of age, must wear face coverings when entering and exiting the facility, while on deck, and in any interior spaces.
- Athletes and families must remain outside the pool and maintain proper social distancing. Participants and family members not adhering to this standard will be asked to leave the premises immediately. Participants asked to leave will not be allowed to race.
- Please read the attached meet announcement for additional information.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “Jim Frye Memorial Long Course Invitational” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign <Name> up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear. Don’t worry if there are NTs in the Best Time column. These are USA swim times. If this is your first year with BASS, your swimmer will not have any times.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. Entry maximums are listed above.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks, <Name> will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.