2021 Las Vegas Open Water Championship Cup
MEET: Las Vegas Open Water Championship Cup
LOCATION: Las Vegas, Nevada
More information to be posted on the Western Zone website.
Hello Coaches, LSC Leaders, and Open Water Enthusiasts, (August 16, 2021)
On behalf of the Sandpipers of Nevada, Lake Las Vegas, the City of Henderson, and USA Swimming, we are thrilled to formally invite you all to the inaugural Las Vegas Open Water Champions Cup. The race is officially sanctioned and open for entries as of August 16 at 12:00pm PST. Please thoroughly read through all of the information below.
The LV OW Champions Cup will serve as the selection meet for the 2021-22 USA Swimming Open Water National Team. It is also open to international athletes and clubs.
I have included a number of important files and links in this email. All of this information, and more, is available on the Event Landing Page on the Sandpiper Team Website. We will be using that page to upload the most up to date information.
LSC/Zone Leaders: Pass this information along and post where it is appropriate to your clubs and coaches. It will be posted to the USA Swimming Event Page as well.
- The Race Information packet is attached. It includes venue maps and the Sandpiper COVID waiver form
- Entry information
- Entries will only be accepted via OME
- In order to have the proper event eligibility, we created separate OME pages for each race/division. Double check that you are entering the intended race when completing the OME.
- The entry deadline is Wednesday, September 29 at 11:59pm PST
- Payments can be made through OME or a check may be mailed to the address listed in the Race Information
- If you have issues with OME, contact Macie McNichols ([email protected])
- International athletes should contact Bryce Elser ([email protected]) to enter the event
- Sandy Drake ([email protected]) will be our Meet Ref. Please contact her with any questions about officiating or the race itself.
- The Elite 10K race will serve as the selection race for the 2021-22 US Open Water National Team. Contact Bryce Elser with National Team questions
- At this time, we are not limited in the number of athletes we can have in each race. If the decision is made that we need to limit numbers, we will attempt to split races into heats accordingly. If we are forced to have hard maximum entry numbers, priority will go in order of date/time entries are received. Declined entries will receive a full refund.
- Once entries are finalized, we will publish official race day schedules with check-in times & procedures, meetings, race start times, etc.
- The race course will be open Thursday, October 7 for practice time. Specific times will be announced the week of the race. You can plan for a 2-3 hour window in the late afternoon/early evening.
- A list of local pools for lap swim will also be provided
- All coaches and athletes must have a COVID Waiver on file to be
turned in at check-in. You may also send them digitally ahead of
time to the race director, Michael Kinross
- If an individual has previously competed in a Sandpiper hosted event since September 2020, they do not need to turn in a waiver.
Finally, if you have not already booked your hotels, we strongly recommend taking advantage of the hotel blocks we set up for our visitors. There are only two hotels on property at Lake Las Vegas and we have great rates at both of those hotels with NO RESORT FEE. The hotel information is available on the Event Landing Page.
We are looking forward to hosting you all in Fabulous Las Vegas. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Assistant Head Coach - Sandpipers of Nevada
Open Water Coordinator - Western Zone
Head Coach - Bishop Gorman High School