swim MtL hosts Harpers Point - Dual Meet
(this is a team hosted event)
MEET FORMAT CHANGE! Please read.
Meet theme: Jungle
Important information about our Bake Sale + Grill:
- Baked goods, fruit, healthy and savory snacks are welcome!
- Please package each item individually in packages that can be sold for $1-$2.
- For example, if cookies are small, please place 2-3 cookies in a baggie that can be sold for $1.
- Cups are a great way to package items too!
- Store bought items that are individually packaged are welcome!
- All proceeds go to the Mount Lookout Killer Whales Swim Team to help cover expenses and keep our registration fees low!
NEW MEET FORMAT: We are trying something new! Please commit your swimmer/Mini and signup to help!
We will run this meet in two 'sessions'. ie. The meet will be split into two smaller meets.
1st Swim Meet Session - 8&Unders including Minis. Meet start at 6:00pm. Warmups at 5:30pm.
- For this to work, we need 8&Under parents to fill these jobs - parents with ONLY 8&Under swimmers are especially needed to sign up for this mini meet as other parents help us cover the 2nd meet.
- Jobs starting with '8&Under' are only for this mini meet.
- Several of our skilled position workers have already committed to work both meets.
- Older siblings (including older kids on the team) are welcome to help and would be a great addition to CLERK! 14&Older can time.
- This session is very short - so your work session is this 8&Under meet.
2nd Swim Meet Session - 9 & Older kids. Meet start at 7:30pm. Warmups: 6:50.
- Any job NOT marked 8&Under is for this session. Many jobs are half of this session/meet.
- Officials/Skilled positions - we'd love your help in the 8&Under session too if you are able.
- Thanks to the skilled position volunteers that offered to work BOTH meets!
Swimmer/Minis - please
sign up your swimmer OR DECLINE so we know if you are
Sign up by Tuesday @ noon to be considered for Relays (Minis don't swim relays).
We are working with Harpers Point to give this a try.
While we LOVE the interaction between older and
younger swimmers and 1 session uses less volunteers, we think this
is a great way for new swimmers and their parents to get meet
If you were hesitant about your younger swimmer in a meet, this is a good meet to attend.
Also please note: we are working a new Clerk process (tossing out the 'age group parent') and would greatly appreciate your help working this meet as Clerk for 8&Under OR for 9-10s in the 2nd meet session. Please don't give up on us and this critically important job.
- If you are an experienced former 'Age Group' worker and want to be a part of the new process to help train others, please sign up. You can also email me if you'd like to be part of the discussion.
Reminder: PPSL League rules prevent alcohol consumption in the presence of the kids during a meet. The meet could be defaulted and/or our team expelled from the League if there are complaints.