12&U ZEUS Summer Sizzler (LCM) (12&U ALL SQUADS)
(P lease have your athletes provided a signed copy at the point of entry to the facility)
LOCATION: VELO-CT, NORWALK, CT
MEET HOST: ZEUS Swim Team
MEET FORMAT: The meet will be swum as Timed-Final
SESSION TIMES: Subject to Change
Saturday Session 1 7:00 Warm-up 8:30 Start
Sunday Session 2 7:00 Warm-up 8:30 Start
BEFORE ENTERING FACILITY or WHAT TO BRING: Teams will be allocated designated areas immediately outside of the facility in the surrounding parking lot and back courtyard. Everyone entering the facility or the surrounding team areas will have their temperatures taken upon entering the property at the designated screening area.
- Masks must always be worn by swimmers and coaches when not in the pool.
- Timers and Officials will always wear masks unless fully vaccinated
- Arrive in your racing suits; THERE WILL BE NO CHANGING ALLOWED IN THE FACILITY OR TEAM AREAS.
- No spectators are allowed in the facility. The meet will be streamed live on Zoom or Facebook.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER. There will be a plan for swimmers to sit inside and/or have shelter in the case of inclement weather.
- Bathroom use is permitted but will be restricted to 1 person at a time.
- Swimmers must remain outside the facility unless they are warming up or racing. They will need to bring their own Chairs/Blankets and practice social distancing.
- Events and timelines will be announced periodically on deck and in the swimmer staging and sitting areas.
- When entering the pool everyone must sanitize their hands at the stations provided.
- A single heat will be allowed behind the block at a time, the next heat will be staged at the bullpen area.
- Swimmers will walk to their lanes single file with lane 1 going first and lane 6 going last.
- Swimmers must walk up to the blocks with masks and leave them behind the block with their warmups/sweatshirts/pants.
- Once the race is complete, they will exit the pool, put their masks on and return to their area to dry off.
- Swimmers will enter through the single door near the small pool (Bullpen Entrance).
- Swimmers will exit through the door near Lane 1 (Race Exit).
- Timers will have designated spots marked on the ground indicating where each timer will stand at the start of the race and where to stand at the finish of the race.
- Timers upon completion of the race timers will record their time and step away from the blocks. The swimmers in the water will exit the pool and walk away from the start end of the pool to the event exit area. Once the starting area is clear, the next heat will walk to their appropriate block and prepare for their race. Finally, the starter will announce and start the race. Once the swimmers are in the water, the timers will step forward from their “starting spot”, toward the “finish spot” at the pool edge and prepare to stop their watches and record times.
SAFE SPORT POLICIES: There will be no spectators allowed in the facility except to use the dedicated stand-alone bathroom by permission only. The meet will be live-streamed using ZOOM or Facebook