Week 6 Seahawks HOME vs Victory Lakes
(this is a team hosted event)
Please commit for this weekend's HOME meet vs. Victory Lakes, and sign up for a volunteer job at the meet. We will have our usual weekly schedule, with a setup party on Friday night, and 5:45-6am arrival on Saturday morning!
Declaring for meets
For your swimmer(s) to participate in the meets, you absolutely must "declare" them for each meet individually on the Seahawks TeamUnify site, using these instructions. If you have any issues, support is available by emailing [email protected] or texting John at 217-737-1337.
It's necessary to declare your swimmer's intent to attend NO LATER THAN THE MONDAY BEFORE THE MEET (meet date of June 12 requires declaring by June 7). If you're unsure, or your schedule is in flux; go ahead and sign up! Swimmers may be removed from an event more easily than they can be added.
Even if you can only make it for a couple events, the team may need you!
STEP 1: Commit your swimmer's attendance at the meet and select individual events
STEP 2: Sign up for your volunteer position(s) for the meet.
STEP 1: MEET COMMITMENT
SIGN INTO THE SEAHAWKS WEBSITE using the email and password you created at registration time: https://www.montclairseahawks.com/
- Click "Events" in the green bar at the top. From this screen, you can click the name of the meet (June 12, “Week 1 Seahawks Solo Meet” is the first meet of the season) for more information, or just click on the "Attend/Decline" button under the meet name.
- Click the name of one of your swimmers.
- In the dropdown menu, select either "YES please sign up [swimmer] for this event] or "NO, thanks, [swimmer] will not attend."
- After you select "YES," that swimmer's eligible races (Freestyle, backstroke, Butterfly, Breaststroke, IM) will be displayed. You may SUGGEST up to three individual events. However, Coach DeNard will have the final say on every swimmer's events - and on the makeup of the relay teams.
- This is a good thing for you, the parent, because when your swimmer says, "But I don't WANNA swim the IM," you can reply, "Coach's decision! I didn't do it." You may also write messages in the "notes" box for Coach; for example, if your family must leave by 10am, she won’t enter your swimmers in the butterfly or relays.
- Click "Save Changes." You'll come back to the commitment screen, where you can select your next swimmer to declare for the meet.
STEP 2: VOLUNTEER SIGNUP
If you're attending the meet, then after you've committed all your swimmers, click back on the "Events" tab in the green bar at the top.
• Under the same meet, click "Job Signup.” Here you'll find a list of every volunteer position that Seahawks families are required to fill to have a successful meet and get kids swimming.
• Click the checkbox by each job or shift your family would like to fill. Every
family should fill at least one shift per meet.
• click the "Signup" button.
• Enter the name and phone number for the person who will actually be working that shift (if, for example, the account name is in one parent’s name but the other parent or a grandparent will actually be the one volunteering).
Click the "Signup" button, and that's it!
You will find a more detailed list of positions and descriptions under "Volunteering" in the "Team Info" menu. Whether this is your first season with the team or the 10th, we need some time from every family at every meet to put on a great party and help the kids have a great experience! Most positions, aside from meet officials, can be learned in 5 minutes before or during your shift. many longtime parents, when they no longer have younger kids to watch, will work multiple shifts or an entire meet. We really appreciate that!