2021 South Riding at Willowsford (10 and Under)
(this is a team hosted event)
Location: Sycamore Pool in The Grange village of Willowsford: 23510 Founders Drive, Ashburn, VA 20148
Date and Time: Saturday, June 19th
- 7:00 AM - Arrive & start warmups.
- 8:00 AM - Meet starts with first event.
- ~10:30 AM - Meet finishes.
Swimmer Registration: Must be complete before end of day (midnight) on Wednesday, June 16th
- This is half of the full meet and will include stroke and relays events for swimmers ages 10 and under only
Follow Live : TouchPad Live stats and times: https://www.touchpadlive.com/17277
Please read below for required COVID-19 Participant Waiver and Protocols
COVID-19 Waiver and Protocol
NOTE: Details and policy are still being finalized and may change before the meet day.
- Waiver: Current policy (as of May 24, 2021) is that the Willowsford HOA requires a waiver on-file (paper or electronic TBD) for each swimmer entering the pool area. Parents/guardians will need to provide a copy of the waiver to the Willowsford Waves Team Representative with affirmation and acceptance of its stipulations. If the waiver is not received by the morning of the meet, before warmups, the swimmer will be scratched from the meet and not allowed to participate.
- On-Deck: We will adhere with Virginia State Government and Willowsford HOA COVID restrictions on public gatherings. This may mean limiting parent and family attendance and presence on-deck during the swim meet. Specific guidelines or restrictions will be sent prior to the meet if required.
The pool lot and Sycamore House lot are available for parking. In the unlikely event that these are full, please park along Founders Drive in the marked side lanes for overflow. Please do not park in the gravel Farm Stand lot across the street, or spaces along Founders Drive reserved for the Farm Stand. Review the parking map below, or click here to download the parking map.
The visiting team will be directed to set up on the left side of the pool. We do ask that the vising team keep the pool deck clear near the clerk of course area as traffic tends to bottleneck.
To maintain clear sight lines and facilitate efficient meet operations, parents not working the meet as a deck official, volunteer lane timer or other meet positions are not permitted along the far side of the pool. Further, competitors may not loiter along the edges of the pool between the timers and the starter equipment. We encourage families to bring their own deck chairs to supplement those available on the pool deck.
Home Team Warm Up: Typically 50-60 mins prior to meet start time for 20-25 minutes
Visiting Team Warm Up: Typically 30 minutes prior to meet start time for 20-25 minutes
We will make every effort to start the meet on time!
Our pool management company has a 45 minute wait-out period after a thunder/lightning strike. We are required to clear the pool deck during this time. Together, Team Reps and Head Coaches will address weather delays accordingly.
A swimmer may enter a maximum of three (3) individual events.
A swimmer may enter a maximum of two (2) relay events.
We do not have an automatic timing system at Willowsford. Visiting teams must supply a minimum of nine timers plus sufficient relief timers for the meet. It would also be helpful to have a 1 or 2 people to help with ribbons during/after the meet. Teams are encouraged to bring their own hand-held timing devices but we will have a sufficient supply for both teams.
Visiting coaches are responsible for the conduct of their swimmers and families and for cleaning up their team areas. Please note, as a safety precaution, no swimmer or spectator is allowed in the baby pool or beach entry area of the pool before, during or after the swim meet.
Meet sheets will be provided to the team representatives and officials. For parents, we recommend that they print programs from the website in advance (Tue or Fri evening) or use the TeamUnify app.
Concessions will be available.
Willowsford Waves – Points of Contact
Team Rep: Jon Gonzalez, [email protected]
Computer Operator: Keith Hickey, [email protected]
Visiting Team Entry Deadline
FINAL ENTRY FILE IS DUE 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEET START TIME.
WE HIGHLY DISCOURAGE DECK ENTRIES – WHICH IS THE GENERAL GUIDANCE ACCORDING TO ODSL.