MDSI Summer Junior Championships
(this is a team hosted event)
July 23 – 25: 2021 Summer Junior Championships
- Hosted by Fox Swim Club
- Claude Moore Recreation Center & Community Pool in Sterling, Virginia
- Tentative Format:
- Qualifying times: Slower than the “MD LSC Championship Meet” Times (SCY & LCM) - Faster than USA Swimming “B – BB” modified times
- 3 timed final sessions per day (12 & U / 13 – 14 / 15 & Over)
- Limit 8 Events for 13 & Over and 9 Events for 12 & U
- Bonus Events: 1-2 qualified
swims = 2 bonus events, 3-4 qualified swims = 1 bonus event, 5 or
more qualified swims = no bonus events
- *Any heats with Bonus events only will be eliminated first if needed to reduce the timeline.
- *Sessions subject to change once entries are received.
We have a block at the Hampton Inn Dulles/Cascades- close to the pool and places to eat. Room rate is $119.
Address: 46331 McClellan Way, Sterling, VA 20165
You can call and reference the EST block, or book online below.
Deadline for our block and rate is Tuesday, July 6.
Online Reservation Link: RESERVE HERE
Here are the guidelines that Fox Swim Club will be using to host their meets this summer:
- No one should enter the front of the building, please see map.
- At a minimum, all local and state protocols will be followed per Virginia Executive Order Number Seventy Nine.
- Coaches, Officials, and Timers need to wear face-covering regardless of vaccination status as it can be assumed that most swimmers are not vaccinated.
- No spectators. Only parents that are volunteering as officials, timers, or meet marshals are allowed in the pool area.
- Swimmers will enter at the back of the building and through the door on the right side. Please do not prop the door at any time. Swimmers will exit the building through the door on the left side of the building.
- Coaches, Officials, and volunteers will enter at the back of the building through the center door; they will leave through the same door. See attached map.
- Swimmers will wear face-covering at the meet except when swimming or when they are about to swim their race.
- Swimmers will be seated in the upstairs spectator area. Swimmers do not need to sit outside and should not bring chairs to the meet.
- Social distancing is encouraged but will not be enforced provided face-coverings are being worn.
- Overflow parking can be in the Claude Moore Museum parking lot, which is a bit further up the lane from the pool. The High School parking lot is available except for June 12 because of graduation.
- In compliance with Safe Sport, the meet will be shown on the YouTube Aquatic Training & Consulting Service channel or on the Fox Swim Club page through FaceBook Live.
- Timers and officials can enter through the center door on the back of the building. They can report to the hospitality room to wait for the meet.
- Swimmers should enter through the door on the right and walk up the stairs to their team area. Swimmers are encouraged to wear their suits to the meet.
- Coaches, Officials, and volunteers may use the family changing room bathrooms for toilet facilities. There are no facilities available for spectators.
- Locker rooms for the swimmers are through the glass doors at the turn end of the pool, down the hallway.
- There will be no continuous warm-up/warm-down. There will be periodic breaks provided to swimmers where the pool will be open for warm-up and warm-down. Swimmers must enter feet first.
- Swimmers may enter the building for their session 15 minutes prior to their warm-up time. Swimmer should not bring chairs. There are bleachers provided.
- Meet Notice
- Warmup Schedule
- Job Assignments
- Drop Off / Pick up Map
- Estimated Timeline
- EST Entry List (w/ Heats & Lanes)
- Full Meet Program (updated 7/21)
- Psych Sheet