2022 Senior State Short Course Championships
(this is a team hosted event)
225 South University Ave.
St. George, UT 84770
Please note: this meet is at lower elevation so altitude adjusted times may be used to meet the qualifying time standards (1.2 second for 200 yards, 5 seconds for 500 yards, and 23 seconds for 1650 yards).
**Swimmers aged 14 and under will NOT be automatically committed to this meet, as it is primarily intended for Senior swimmers. If you are a younger swimmer, there is no need to formally decline.
This meet is for qualified swimmers. Please see the attached time standards at the end of the sanction paperwork. Please talk to a coach if you are not sure if this meet is right for you.
Thursday events will be run as timed finals.
Friday and Saturday events will be run as Prelims / Finals. Relays on Friday and Saturday will be swum in the Preliminary sessions.
• Swimmers competing in the 1650 Free are responsible
to provide their own timers and counters.
• Teams competing in the 400 Medley Relay are responsible to provide their own timers.
• 400 IM swimmers are responsible to provide their own timers for prelims.
• 500 Free swimmers are responsible to provide their own timers and counters for prelims and their own counters for finals.
• All individual events 200 yards and shorter are negative check-in.
• The 1650 Freestyle is a Timed Final event, will be seeded fastest to slowest, and swum fastest to slowest, alternating between girls and boys. Positive Check-in for the 1650 free will close at 5:00 PM Thursday.
• The 400 IM and 500 Freestyle will be positive check-in events for Prelims. Check in for said events will close 30 minutes after the start of the session.
• Friday and Saturday’s individual events will be run as Prelims / Finals.
• The Finals Sessions will consist of a Bonus, Consolation and Championship heat for the individual events, swum in that order.
• There will be a 10-minute break after the 1650 Free.
• There will be a 5-minute break after each relay.
Championship scratch procedures will be in effect.