[Swim Meet, Quals.] AGUA Season Starter [Sen Champ. Quals.]
Location: Asphalt Green Aquatics
Saturday (200IM/100FL/100BK/100BR/100FR/500FR): Check-in 12:45pm // Warmup 1:15pm // Start 2:15pm
Sunday (400im) : Check-in 12:30pm // Warmup 1:00pm // Sart 1:30pm [will be limited to the top 40 female and top 40 male entries]
Swimmers will be limited to three (3) events per session on Saturday
Fees: There is a $10.00 RAC and a $15.00 AGUA surcharge per athlete. The entry fee is $8.00 per individual event.
MAAPP: All applicable adults participating in or associated with this meet, acknowledge that they are subject to the provisions of the USA Swimming Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (“MAAPP”) and that they understand that compliance with the MAAPP policy is a condition of participation in the conduct of this competition.
COVID POLICY: On August 16th, Mayor De Blasio signed Emergency Executive Order 225, mandating new vaccine requirements for organizations like Asphalt Green. The order went into effect the following day on August 17 and will be enforced by the New York City Department of Health beginning September 13. This means all Asphalt Green staff, members, athletes/program users, spectators, and visitors alike ages 12+ will be required to have at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to visit our facilities, indoors and outdoors.
There will be no spectators. AGUA
athletes will enter through the front entrance, where all 12+
swimmers will show their proof of vaccination to enter. All
visiting teams will enter via the second floor and the outdoor
staircase, where all 12+ swimmers will show their proof of
vaccination to enter. Swimmers must arrive in their swimsuits but
may change quickly in the locker room after their events. All teams
will have assigned seating between the spectator bleachers and the
pool deck. Swimmers are required to wear masks at all times
while inside Asphalt Green, outside of when they are in the water.
Swimmers will line up for events 2-3 heats ahead of time while
maintaining social distancing. They may remove their masks upon
onto the bulkhead and must put them back on before exiting the bulkhead. Disposable masks will be provided for 8 & under swimmers after the 25-yard races.
DISCLAIMER: Upon acceptance of
his/her entries, the participant waives all claims against AGUA,
Asphalt Green, Metropolitan Swimming Inc., USA Swimming Inc., their
agents or representatives for any injury occurring as a result of
the meet. “It is understood that USA Swimming, Inc. and
Metropolitan Swimming, Inc. shall be free from liabilities or
claims for damages arising because of injuries to anyone during the
conduct of the event.”
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
USA Swimming, Inc., cannot prevent you (or your child(ren)) from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while participating in USA Swimming sanctioned events. It is not possible to prevent the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to participate in a USA Swimming sanctioned event, you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
BY ATTENDING OR PARTICIPATING IN THIS COMPETITION, YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 AND FOREVER RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AGUA, Asphalt Green, Metropolitan Swimming Inc., USA Swimming Inc., AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY LIABILITY OR CLAIMS INCLUDING FOR PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DISEASE OR PROPERTY LOSSES, OR ANY OTHER LOSS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE AND GIVE UP ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE TO SEEK DAMAGES, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN, IN CONNECTION WITH EXPOSURE, INFECTION, AND/OR SPREAD OF COVID-19 RELATED TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION.
PARKING: The following garages are available for parking during the meet:
LODGING: The Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side is a proud hotel partner of Asphalt Green. To inquire about special guest room discounts for this event, please contact Mithras Pathak, Sales Manager, Marriott International.
Direct Dial: (917) 492-3716 / Email: [email protected]
- Officials - If you have any available officials for the meet, please reach out to Rachel Skaistis ([email protected]).
- 12+ Vaccination - All swimmers (and coaches/officials) will need to show proof of vaccination on both days to enter. All visiting swimmers will enter through the second-floor entry via the outdoor staircase at the front entrance (1750 York Avenue). Acceptable forms of proof are the Excelsior pass, vaccine card, or photo of vaccine card.
- Masks - Masks will be required at all times (outside of warm-up and racing), despite vaccination status. Swimmers may remove their masks once they are lined up on the bulkhead. Masks need to be put back on before exiting the bulkhead. Disposable masks will be provided for the 8 & under swimmers competing in 25-yard races.
- Spectators - There will be no spectators permitted into the building. Webcast details will be sent out in the coming weeks.
- Seating - All teams will have assigned seating.
- Other Details - Please note: swimmers must arrive in their suits, but may change quickly in the locker rooms after their session. The water fountains are all turned off, swimmers should bring their own water bottles.