NOVA December Dip 2021
Hi BASS Families!
The NOVA December Dip meet is now available for signups on our website. The meet will be held at the NOVA Aquatics Center - Regency, 100 NOVA Way, Richmond, VA 23238 from December 3-5, 2021. Please sign up no later than midnight, Sunday, November 14, 2021.
This meet is the second of the two championship meets for December (the other is the Sport Fair Meet for which sign ups have not yet opened). This is a really good meet for our younger swimmers – those in the Developmental groups, and those who do not have BB+ times or those who are new to BASS/Boars Head.
This meet is NOT included in your program fees. Fees for the meet will be billed to swimmer accounts -Individual events: $8.00/event and a swimmer surcharge: $2.50 per person (entered in the meet in any capacity). Swimmers may sign up for a maximum of 3 individual events per day.
Some important information:
- Friday night will be a distance session.
- 10 & under swimmers will compete in the morning sessions on Saturday and Sunday.
- 11-18 year old swimmers will compete in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday.
- All events are timed finals.
- There is no clerk of course for this meet, meaning that swimmers should report directly to the block for their events.
- There is the possibility of back-to-back events. Swimmers must be prepared to swim back-to-back without a break. Please refer to the order of events to see when breaks are planned/defined.
We will not have a timing obligation at this meet.
- Meet may be video-streamed in order to provide parents/guardians who are outside of the facility the ability to view their athletes’ events.
- Spectators will be allowed inside of the competition area, but NOVA reserves the right to limit the number of spectators permitted per athlete, if needed.
- Heat sheets will be available via Meet Mobile and as PDF on the NOVA website.
- Please see Supplemental Meet Sheet for additional information.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “NOVA December Dip 2021” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign
up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear. Don’t worry if there are NTs in the Best Time column. These are USA swim times. If this is your first year with BASS, your swimmer will not have any times.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. Entry maximums are listed above.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks,
will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.
- Saturday morning 10 and under heat sheet
- Saturday afternoon 11 and over heat sheet
- Sunday morning 10 and under heat sheet
- Sunday afternoon 11 and over heat sheet