USA Swimming Mbrs OnlY: 2022 MID-STATES ALL STARS MEET
14 & Under Mid-states All Star Championship
LOCATION: IU Natatorium, 901 W. New York Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
- Swimmers must be ages 14 & Under and registered with USA Swimming in Lake Erie/Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Indiana to be accepted into this meet.
- Each LSC has its own team selection process. OHIO SWIMMING HAS AN APPLICATION PROCESS. Sewe below.
- Age as of 01/08/22 shall determine the swimmer’s age for the entire meet.
Lake Erie Swimming and Ohio Swimming join to form Team Ohio to compete in the 14 & Under Mid-states All Star Championships.
Applications for this year’s 14 & Under
All-Star Mid-States Championships are being taken for the six -team
All-Star meet at IUPUI in Indianapolis, IN on January 7-8,
The six teams are: Ohio (Ohio Swimming combined with Lake Erie Swimming), Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Swimmers that feel they may be one of the fastest 4 swimmers in Ohio are encouraged to apply for the team.
No times standards are required to apply for the team.
Time standards for previous team
selections for each age group are posted
here for reference.
The fastest four (4) swimmers in each event (except the 1650  ) from those applications received by the deadline will be selected.
Be sure to enter all of your best times since 9/1/2021 in your entry for consideration for additional events in case they have not been filled.
All swimmers shall submit their fastest 50 freestyle time from the qualifying period for relay considerations, even if the swimmer is not likely to be selected for the individual event.
Swimmers may apply for as many events as they wish, but will not be selected for more than 6 events.
In the event that a swimmer qualifies for the team in more events than permissible by the meet rules, the following criteria will be considered for selection of the next applicant:
· Relative strength of events for swimmer exceeding the entry limit
· Differential between next fastest applicant and the swimmer exceeding the event limit
· Strength of the next fastest applicant relative to national time standards and previous year's meet results
· Event distribution for the swimmer exceeding the entry limitation
Deadlines and dates for the team selection process:
· Monday December 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM - applications are due via the Team Unify website https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?_tabid_=0&team=ohomsas.
Swimmer must commit to the meet and select events for consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: applicants must allow 24 hours for accounts to be activated after submitting registration for 2021 team. Accounts must be activated by Team Ohio personnel before swimmers can be "committed" to the 2022 meet and select events.
· Monday December 20. 2021 – Deadline for updated times
· December 23, 2021 - notification of selection and invitation to the 2022 team
· Monday Decemr 27, 2021 at 12:00 P.M. - deadline for acceptance and payment via Team Unify
· ASAP - notification of alternates to fill out complete roster
EVENT LIMIT: A swimmer may compete in a maximum of six individual events and two relays for the meet.
MEET FORMAT: All events are timed finals and will be seeded from slowest to fastest. There are 3 heats of each event with the exception of relays (2 heats) and 1650s. The 1650s will be swum as 11-14 events seeded by time but scored/awarded by age group.
SPECTATOR FEE: Admission for spectator seating will be $10.00 each day (children 8&U free).For spectator convenience and savings, two-day passes will be sold on Saturday for $15.Seating areas on both sides of the Natatorium will be open for the convenience of spectators.
- WI, OH, IN swimmers and fans will be on the WEST sidE
- KY, MN, MI swimmers and fans will be on the EAST side
DECK ACCESS: ONLY swimmers, team coaches, credentialed managers and chaperones, credentialed volunteers, and working officials will be allowed on deck. No parents will be allowed on deck. Club coaches who are not part of the LSC team staff will not be allowed on deck. As per Indiana University policy, all adult participants in the meet (coaches, officials, and volunteers) must present a photo ID along with their credentials to gain deck access. The host will provide one timer per lane for the 1650 events. Teams are responsible for providing a counter for each 1650 participant. The counter should be a credentialed participant in the meet (coach/athletes)
All events will be swum in the south pool (diving-well end) except for the 1650 which will be swum in two pools by gender. Flyover starts will be used in this meet. *Wedges and backstroke ledges will be available for swimmer use.
OPENING CEREMONIES:At 11:30 AM on Saturday, athletes from all teams will participate in the opening ceremony parade and team cheer activitity. Parade routes for each team will be explained at the Saturday morning Technical Meeting. Each team will be asked to identify an athlete flag carrier for the parade as well as prepare a team cheer to be performed during the opening ceremonies.
FRIDAY EVENING: The Natatorium will be open for 2022 MidStates partiipants only for general warm-up/training on Friday evening, January 7, from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
TEAM ACTIVITY: Each team will have an individual 10-minute Meet & Greet with National Team athlete TBD on Saturday morning immediately following the team picture in the Hospitality Room or on deck.