Sport Fair Winter Classic Invitational 2021
Apologies for the quick turn-around request on this!
The Sport Fair Winter Classic Invitational is now available for signups on our website. The meet will be held at the Jim McKay Natatorium on the George Mason University main campus on December 2-5, 2021. Please sign up no later than midnight, Thursday, November 18, 2021.
This meet is NOT included in your program fees. Fees for the meet will be billed to swimmer accounts -Individual events: $9.50/event and a swimmer surcharge: $8.00 per person (entered in the meet in any capacity). Swimmers may sign up for a maximum of 7 individual events, no more than 3 per day.
All parents will be expected to time during the meet - a schedule will be sent a day or so prior to the meet, so please be sure to check your email for the timing schedule. Heat sheets will be available for purchase throughout the meet.
The Sport Fair Winter Classic is a prelims/finals meet (except the events noted below). Two courses will be used each day for all prelim sessions. Boys in one course and girls in the other course. 13 & Overs swim in the morning, 12 & Unders swim in the afternoon. Finals swimmers come back each night.
Some important information:
- There will be a distance session on Thursday evening. All
distance event entries must submit proof of time for events 500
yards and over. See minimum entry standards at the end of the Meet
- Distance swimmers must provide their own timer and lap counter for Thursday evening distance events.
- 13 & Over will swim prelims in the morning on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- 12 & Under will swim prelims in the afternoon on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Finals will be held in evening sessions for qualifying swimmers
in 11-12, 13-14, & Open individual events.
- All 11-12 individual events will have an "A" final, except the 400 IM and the 500 free which will be timed finals.
- All 13-14 and Open individual events will have an "A" and “B” final, except the 13-14 400 IM and 13-14 500 free, which will only have an “A” final. The "B" final will swim first.
On the signup page, "Open" events will show for all swimmers. "Open" events are typically for 15 and older swimmers. Those events are held in the 13 & over session.
The following events have minimum entry time standards - please see the last page of the meet announcement for the time requirements: 1000 Free, 500 Free, 200 Free, 400 IM and Open 200 IM. DO NOT sign up for these events unless you meet the minimum entry time standard. Time standard must be from a USA sanctioned meet.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “Sport Fair Winter Classic Invitational 2021” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign <Name> up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. NOTE: Your swimmer may enter UP TO 7 events, but NO MORE than 3 events per day. When you click the check box, the entry time will highlight.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks, <Name> will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.