2021 Christmas Champs
- Meet Programs
- Psych Sheets
- Warm-Up Assignment: Despite having specific warm up times athletes should arrive 15min prior to the warm up session
- Supplemental Information
- Must bring a PRINTED Hard copy of the attached Fairland waiver each day and turn it in at Check-in
- Volunteer Link
- Live Stream Link
This meet will be open to all USA-S Registered swimmers not participating in 4 or more individual events at RMSC Holiday Invitational.
Fairland Aquatics Center
13820 Old Gunpowder Road Laurel, Maryland 20707
- 10 lanes, 25 yards; the water depth at both the starting and the turn end ranges from 5’ to 6’ at the shallow end course to 7’ to 13’ at the deep end course.
- Finals will be swum in the deep end course.
- The competition course has not been certified in accordance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations Article 104.2.2(C).
- Facility Rules:
- Swimmers must wear shirt and shoes when heading upstairs.
- No glass containers are permitted in the building.
- No camera cell phones are permitted in the locker rooms.
- Swimmers are asked to take a cleansing shower before entering the pool for warm up.
Friday December 3rd-Sunday December 5th 2021
Friday, December 3
- 9–12-year old’s: Warm-up 4:30 – 5:00 PM, Events: 5:10 PM
Saturday and Sunday, December 4-5 No one will be permitted to enter the building until 6:00 am.
- 11-12 Year Old’s: Warm-up: 6:30 – 7:20 AM Events: 7:30 AM
- 9-10 Year Old’s: Warm-up: 10:30 – 11:20 AM, Events: 11:30 AM
- 13 – 14 Year Old’s: Warm-up: 1:30 – 2:20 PM, Events: 2:30 PM
- 15 and Overs: Warm-up: 4:00 PM – 4:50 PM, Events 5:00 PM
NOTE: The meet director reserves the right to manage the timeline. Teams will be notified by email if changes are needed.
- All events are timed finals.
- Athletes may enter a maximum of seven (7) individual events with no more than 3 individual events per day.
- No deck entries will be accepted.
- Current USA Swimming rules shall govern this meet.
- No on-deck USA-S registration is permitted
- In compliance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, the use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone is not permitted in the changing areas, rest rooms, or locker rooms. Per PVS policy, the use of equipment capable of taking pictures (i.e., cell phones, cameras, etc.) is banned from behind the starting blocks during the entire meet, including warm up, competition and cool down periods.
- Deck changes are prohibited.
- Any swimmer entered in the meet must be certified by a USA Swimming member coach as being proficient in performing a racing start or must start each race from within the water. When unaccompanied by a member-coach, it is the responsibility of the swimmer or the swimmer’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
- Operation of a drone or any other flying devices is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
- Dive-over starts will be used at this meet. Coaches are requested to review Guidance for Dive-Over Starts for Coaches. Officials are requested to review Protocol for Dive-Over Starts.
- The Meet Director and the PVS Technical Committee reserve the right to limit events, heats, swimmers or adjust the format to conform with the 4-hour provision for sessions that include 12 & U events per Rule 205.3.1F.
- Participating clubs are requested to provide timers in proportion to their entries. One timer is requested for each 25 entries.
- The Meet Director will send out a request, and a sign up genius for timers based upon entries.