Prairie Winter International
Attached is the meet package on the Prairie Winter International in Winnipeg from Thursday, December 16th to Sunday, December 19th. Note Thursday PM is distance swims only, the 800 and 1500 free, so only swimmers in those events need to be there for the 3:30 warm up time on Thursday. Also attached is an eligibility report on those who have qualified to date. The entry deadline date for MJKFF is Thursday, December 2nd however should a swimmer qualify at the Saskatoon Meet on December 4th/5th, that swimmer will still be eligible for entry to the meet in Winnipeg.
For those that do qualify for the swim meet and have never been to the Pan-Am Pool in Winnipeg I highly encourage them to participate. The Pan-Am Pool is recognized as one of the fastest pools in the world and is also home to the Canada Swimming Hall of Fame. It will also be an opportunity in preparation for ManSask which is in Winnipeg in March/2022.
Please make careful note in the meet package of Point 29: Covid - 19 Protocols.
A few points to hilte regarding the swim meet:
1. Swimmers planning on attending the meet MUST have 80% attendance from this Monday, November 22nd through to the travel day of Thusday, December 16th. This is to ensure the swimmers are ready for peak performance at a high level competition. For National and Top Prospects, that includes dryland sessions. Those groups have 9 practice sessions per week including dryland so that still allows missing training once or twice a week due to homework or other activities. Should a swimmer be sick and miss a number of practices a letter from a parent or guardian will be expected.
2. Minimum age for MJKFF swimmers to attend the meet is 12 years old.
3. There are bonus swims up to a maximum of 6 swims. If a swimmer has 1 qualifying time will have 5 bonus swims; 2 qualifying times, 4 bonus swims, etc. Bonus swims do not have to meet the qualifying standard but can not be used for the 400, 800 or 1500 events.
4. There is a flat entry fee of $95.00 regardless of the number of swims. There is also a $20.00 fee for relays so $5.00 per swimmer on each relay team. Until entries are done I do not know what the relay fees will be or if any relays will be entered.
5. Regarding Covid - 19 protocols, all adults 18 years of age and over MUST be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination must be presented. Those 17 and under are not required to be fully vaccinated but are highly encouraged to do so.
6. Masks are to be worn at all times.
7. Spectators 12 years of age and over must provide proof of vaccination unless accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent or guardian.
8. There will be assigned seating in the mezzanine for teams on the north side. Spectators will be seated on the south side mezzanine.
Thank you, any questions please send an email or give me a call.