2022 Western Zone Senior Championships
(this is a team hosted event)
This meet is for senior swimmers who have met the minium qualifying times but have NOT acheived a summer junior national time.
There are two forms that need to be filled out for the meet; USA Swimming Competitor Waiver and Release Form and USA Swimming Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID 19. To make the process easier, they have set up a link that coaches, athletes, officials, and spectators can use to reduce a large quantity of paper.
Here is the link:
• The meet will be run under National Championship rules, including relays. All Preliminary events will be swum fastest to slowest.
OA is in Group A
Wednesday & Friday Warmup 2: 7:40 - 8:20 am
Thursday & Saturday Warmup 1: 7:00 - 7:40 am
We will be at Clovis North on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
We will be at Clovis West on Friday and Saturday
ALL FINALS WILL BE AT CLOVIS NORTH
• Tuesday, July 27: Timed Finals distance 1500 freestyle
events will start at 11:00 AM
at the respective pools, swimming slowest to fastest. The fastest 3
heats of Women’s and Men’s 1500 Freestyle will swim at
Clovis North starting at 5:00 PM alternating women and men.
• Wednesday, July 28 -Saturday, July 31: Preliminary and Final format with Preliminaries beginning at 8:30 AM. Finals will begin at 6:00 PM on Wednesday-Friday and at 5:00 PM on Saturday.
• There will be four final heats (D, C, B, and A in order) for 200 and 400 meter events. There will be five final heats (E, D, C, B and A in order) for 50 and 100 meter events.
• Long course meter (LCM) qualifying times will be seeded first, short course yard (SCY) qualifying times will be seeded second, and short course meter (SCM) qualifying times will be seeded third. Bonus entries must be labeled as such and will be seeded after all qualifying entries.
• The Women’s and the Men’s 1500 Freestyle will be swum as Timed Final events, to be run slowest to fastest, alternating Women and Men on Tuesday, July 27. The three fastest heats of the Women’s and Men’s 1500 Freestyle will be swum starting at 5:00 PM at Clovis North. All other heats will be swum at the teams’ respective pools starting at 11:00 AM.
• The Women’s and Men’s 800 Freestyle will be swum as Timed Final events on Saturday, July 31, with the fastest heat to be swum in Finals. All other heats of these events will be run fastest to slowest at the end of Preliminaries, alternating Women and Men. A swimmer in Women’s or Men’s 800 Freestyle not wishing to swim in Finals must declare electronically by the scratch deadline for the event.
• Swimmers will be responsible for providing lap counters for the distance events. Lap counting devices will be provided