2022 KP Summer Long Course Blast
2022 Kingsport Piranhas Summer LC Blast
- The Kingsport Aquatic Center capacity limitations have been lifted
- Link for: Coaches/Officials Registration Forms
- Here is the link for volunteers to sign up to help: Volunteer Sign-up Form
- We will provide coaches and officials breakfast, pastries, and snacks as well as dinner on both days. Due to liability concerns, the Kingsport Aquatic Center has insisted that this be offered to Officials, Admin Staff, and Coaches only. NO swimmers or dependents.
- The Entry Doors to the Aquatic Center for the general public, coaches, officials, and volunteers will open at 4:00 PM on Friday; 8:00 AM for the morning sessions on Saturday & Sunday; 3:15 PM on Saturday for Finals & 2:15 PM on Sunday for Finals
- Start times for Friday PM 5:15pm; Saturday & Sunday Pre-Lim Sessions 9:15 AM; Saturday Finals 4:30 PM & Sunday Finals 3:30 PM
- Warm-up times for Friday 4:30 PM - 5:00 pm; Saturday & Sunday Prelim Warm-ups are at 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM
- Finals warm-ups on Saturday at 3:45 PM-4:15 PM 4:15 pm & Sunday Finals warm-ups are at 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- The Kingsport Aquatic Center & Kingsport YMCA have asked for swim meet participants to park in the designated areas in front of the water park for both days as a courtesy for their members wanting access to the YMCA.
- There is overflow parking available if needed at the lower level of the Marriott parking lot.
- Parents can drop swimmers and spectators off at the front entrance and proceed to the appropriate parking area.
- Swimmers will enter the pool through the wet corridor area and proceed to team areas.
- Officials dressed in their whites will pass through and check in with Tom Schumann
- Volunteers will report to the Administrative table when they arrive to check in and verify positions.
- Spectators will enter the lobby and proceed to the entry doors at the shallow end pool entry for each session. Spectators are not allowed in the competition pool area and must observe from the spectator area
Team Areas are as follows(please see attached map): Link for Team Seating Assignments and Flow Chart
- ACAC - large bleachers at end of warm pool
- KP - upstairs deck area in corner (deck chairs recommended)
- BSC/CKA/VST/BYU/UN-SE deep end partition wall on warm pool side (deck chairs recommended)
- BAQ & FRST - wall area on warm pool side (deck chairs recommended)
- MHAC - large bleacher on spectator side in front of Party Room A
- RACE - small bleacher area on spectator side next to large bleachers
- XA - wall area by lobby area near splash pool
Bull Pen Staging Procedures for heats.
- Heat 1 - will report to the blocks and wait for the referee to signal their heat to the blocks which will occur once the preceding heat finishes their race and exits the pool, We will be doing fly-over starts.
- Heats 2 - will report to the chairs along the wall behind blocks
- Heats 3 & 4 - will stage in the chairs lined up along the glass partition pool wall facing the spectator side of the HMG Competition Pool.
- Additional heats - will stage along the partition wall of the competition pool and move into ready chairs as their heat is called.
- All 50 meter races will start from the shallow end starting blocks on the bulkhead. We will follow the same staging procedures for the 50s, just reversed in the direction towards the bulkhead end on the same side of the pool
- Swimmers under 18 - Family restrooms and locker rooms in wet hallway
- Coaches, officials, volunteers - family restrooms in wet hallway, restrooms on pool deck
- Spectators - bathrooms in lobby
- bullpen staffing
- awards table
- timers, volunteers, and officials hospitality
- check-in tables, and door monitors
MEET FORMAT: Meet management reserves the right to adjust the number of heats, lanes, and warm-up times based on the number of entries; to combine events as needed; to move age groups to different sessions based on the timeline and number of entries to facilitate competition and the timeline; to make any necessary changes during the meet to provide the best competition environment for the athletes.
- All Friday events will be timed finals.
- In Sessions 2 & 4, the top 8 swimmers for each gender in the 12&Under age groups will return for Finals on Saturday and Sunday;
- top 16 in the 13-14 age groups and top 16 for the 15 & Over age groups on Saturday and Sunday.
- The order of heats will swim the B Consolation heat followed by the A Championship Final heat.
- The 400 meter free, 400 meter IM, and 800 meter free will have a positive check-in and seeded fastest to slowest. These events will be swum mixed in gender and scored separately by age and gender in the following age groups: (12&Under 400 free) 10&U, 11-12; 13&Over 400 Free 13-14, 15& Over; (Open 400 IM & 800 free) 12&Under, 13-14, 15&Over. These events will be swum as timed final events. Swimmers must provide their own timer for the 400 free and 400 IM events, and timer and counter for the 800 free events.
- Mixed Relays are any combination of mixed sexes (ie.3 boys+1 girl)
SCRATCHES: Swimmers qualifying for finals and consolation finals must notify the Meet Clerk within 30 minutes of the announcement of qualifiers for that event if they do not intend to compete. Any swimmer qualifying for a final or consolation final race in an individual event who fails to compete in such final race shall be barred from swimming his or her next individual event of the competition unless such failure to compete is excused by the meet referee for cause.
Awards Presentations for theTop 3 in each event will be held during the 10 minute breaks during finals. High point awards are after the conclusion of the Finals on Sunday. We will bag all ribbons and high point awards not picked up for each team. Please remember to pick yours up from the awards table at the conclusion before you leave the meet. Heat winners will be presented with souvenir luggage tags for every heat for Preliminary and timed final events.
Digital heat sheets will be
posted to the event page on the Kingsport Piranhas website
Warm-Up and Timing Assignments: Warm-Up and Team Timing Assignments are linked here. Link For Team Warm-Up & Timing Assignments Timers need to report for their initial meeting 20 minutes before the start of the session for a timers meeting. Competition will be conducted in lanes 1-6 for the timed final and preliminary sessions with warmups and warm down available in Lane 1 during the meet. Also, we will open the pool during the 5 minute breaks. Please enter lane 1 opposite of the starting end, NO STARTS ALLOWED FROM LANE 1 BLOCK during the meet. During the Finals sessions, warm-up & warmdown will be available during the scheduled 10 minute breaks in the competition pool. THE PALMER CENTER WARM POOL IS NOT AVAILABLE AND IS CLOSED FOR THE ENTIRE MEET
Any questions on warm-up or team timing assignments should be directed to Jorge Blasini.
- 2022 KP 2nd LC Summer Blast-meet info(updated 6-15-22)
- 2022 KP 2nd LC Summer Blast-participating teams report
- 2022 KP 2nd LC Summer Blast-Session Timelines(updated 6-17-22)
- 2022 KP 2nd LC Summer Blast-psyche sheet by age friday(6-20-22)
- 2022 KP 2nd LC Summer Blast-psyche sheet by age saturday(6-20-22)
- 2022 KP 2nd LC Summer Blast-psyche sheet by age sunday(6-20-22)
- 2022 KP 2nd LC Summer Blast-TEAM SEATING & FLOWMAP(6-20-22)
- 2022 KP 2nd LC Summer Blast-Warm-Up & Timing Lane Assignments
- 2022 KP 2nd LC Summer Blast-full heat sheet
- 2022 KP 2nd LC Summer Blast-rps(kp) entry report
- 2022 KP LC Kickoff-Saturday Finals Heat Sheet