TENTATIVE: CM TYR Sport Summer Invitational
2022 OH CM TYR Sport Summer Invitational ( Tentative based on entries being accepted)
June 23 - 26, 2022
Keating Natatorium, St. Xavier High School 616 W. North Bend Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45224
7 Sessions over 4 days, 1 pool per session.
In the event of heavy entries, health conditions permitting, we may swim chase starts (even/odd start ends with chase starts) with the help of volunteer timers from visiting teams to cover one end.
Cincinnati Marlins has taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our other guests, volunteers, and our athletes. Everyone must follow all posted instructions while attending this meet.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
USA Swimming, Inc., cannot prevent you (or your child(ren)) from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while participating in USA Swimming sanctioned events. It is not possible to prevent against the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to participate in a USA Swimming sanctioned event, you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
By attending or participating in this competition, you voluntarily assume all risks associated with exposure to COVID-19 and forever release and hold harmless USA Swimming and Ohio Swimming and each of their officers, directors, agents, employees or other representatives from any liability or claims including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, including but not limited to claims of negligence and give up any claims you may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, in connection herewith.
At a sanctioned competitive event, all USA Swimming athletes must be under the supervision of a USA Swimming member coach. Arrangements for coach supervision must be made in advance of the meet.
Any swimmer entered in the meet must be certified by a USA Swimming member-coach as being proficient in performing a racing start or must start each race from within the water without the use of the backstroke ledge. When unaccompanied by a member-coach, it is the responsibility of the swimmer or the swimmer’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
The use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone, is not permitted in changing areas, rest rooms or locker rooms.
Use of cameras, cell phones or any other recording device is not permitted immediately behind the starting blocks at either end of the racing course(s) during race starts, competition and warm-ups. Please refer to the Safe Sport section of the Ohio Swimming, Inc. policies and procedures for further information regarding the use of visual recording devices.
Deck changes are prohibited.
Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas,
spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
Flash photography is not permitted at the start of any race.
All applicable adults participating in or associated with this meet acknowledge that they are subject to the provisions of the USA Swimming Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP) and that they understand that compliance with the MAAPP policy is a condition of participation in the conduct of this competition.
Technical Suit Ban
Per USA Swimming Rule 102.8.1F, 12 & Under athletes may not compete in Technical Suits at this meet. A Technical Suit is one that has the following components:
Ohio State Laws that • are applicable to Ohio Swimming sanctioned events
Ohio’s Return to Play Law (ORC 3313.539 and ORC 3314.03) requires that coaches and referees either (1) complete a free online training once every three (3) years in recognizing the symptoms of concussion or (2) hold a pupil-activity program permit from the Ohio State Board of Education. Free online concussion training is offered through the National Federation of State High School Association and Centers of Disease Control. Training links can be found at www.swimohio.com under Safe Sport>Concussion.
• There will be the required number of certified lifeguard(s) on duty at all times at this meet per Ohio Administrative Code 3701-31-04-E-4.
COVID-19 Information •
Avoid getting closer than six (6) feet to anyone coughing or sneezing.
Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash then wash your hands.
Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members.
FACE COVERINGS: All meet participants – coaches, officials, administrators, spectators, vendors and athletes (between events) recommended.
By entering this meet, you are granting permission for the names of any or all your team’s swimmers to be published on the internet in the form of Psych Sheets, Meet Results, or any other documents associated with the running of this meet.
• All participants agree to be filmed and photographed by the host club approved photographer(s) and videographers and to allow the right to use names and pictures before, during, or after the meet such as in public psych sheets, heat sheets, and results or featured on the host club or OSI website or social media or in public broadcast of the event via television or webcast. Parents and guardians of minor swimmers who do not wish their swimmers to participate in interviews or have individual pictures featured on any media should inform their team’s head coach and the Meet Director prior to the meet.
Entering the Meet
- All contestants must be currently registered USA Swimming members. Registrations will not be accepted at the meet.
- All adult athletes must hold current Athlete Protection Training certification.
- Age on the first day of the meet will determine age for the entire meet.
- • National ‘BB’ or better LCM entry time standard for all events EXCEPT 8 & Under.
- 13&Over events: scored and award 13-14 & 15 & Over.
- 15-16 time standard applies to 15&Over swimmers.
- 13-14 time standard applies to 1500 Open Free.
- SCY time achievements accepted, enter at the LC cut time cut.
- Marlins reserve the right to enter their swimmers regardless of time standard.
• 11 & Older Swimmers may swim a maximum of Three (3) individual events per day
. • 10 & Under swimmers may swim a maximum of Five (5) individual events per day.
. • NT entries are NOT accepted (8&Under swimmers excluded.)
Entry Limits & Entry Fees:
• $6.00 per individual event.
• $5 OH LSC surcharge per swimmer.
• $12 Facility Fee per
• Deck entries at the discretion of Meet Management and if the meet is not closed: $12.00 per event.
• The Meet Director reserves the right to limit entries as necessary to manage the timeline and number of competitors and spectators at each session
- 1500 swimmers: provide their own 2 timers and counter.
- Assistance from visiting teams is required in sessions where chases starts with two start ends are needed to support time line.
- Cincinnati Marlins will provide watches.
Expected Requirements per swimmers in sessions:
- 8 – 19: 1 Timer
- 20 – 29: 2 Timers
- 30-39: 3 timers
- 40 – 49: 4 timers
- 50 – 59: 5 timers
- Max: 6Timers
\Warm-up and Safety Guidelines:
The meet host will provide a complete schedule of warm-up procedures to include lane assignments and times, which must be adhered to by all participants. This information will be distributed in advance of the meet.
Warm-ups will be monitored jointly by the Meet Director and Meet Referee (or their special designees).
Except during supervised racing starts, swimmers must enter the pool feet first in a cautious manner with one hand in contact with the pool deck.
Ohio LSC Swimming Safety Guidelines and Warn-Up Procedures will be in effect for this meet.
No spectators allowed on deck.
• This meet will be:
- Prelims/Final meet for 11 & Over events 200 meters and shorter.
- Events over 200 meters will seed Timed Final with fastest heats in Finals.
- All events Timed Finals 10 & Under swimmers, no events in Finals sessions.
- This meet will be contested as LCM.
- All Morning and Finals sessions will swim 7 lanes with lane 8 reserved for warm up/down.
- All 50’s will start at the scoreboard end of the pool.
- This meet will be pre-seeded. Deck entries will be accepted at the meet at the discretion of the Meet Director as determined 4 days before meet start.
- Staging clerk provided for 8 & Under events only.
- All events
& 400’s and longer will be Positive Check
In, swim fast to slow and may be seeded combined women
See Schedule of Events for notes on events. • Positive
Check-in Procedures & entry
- Check in will be in the entry hall and opens 15 minutes before Session warm up and closes 60 minutes before the session start time unless otherwise noted on the Order of Events.
- Swimmers not checked in will not be seeded.
- Entry fees for a swimmer seeded within the revised limits as posted on the meet webpage and not checked in are forfeited.
- Entry fees will be refunded for any swimmer NOT given the opportunity to swim and seeded higher than the final limit as posted on the meet webpage (attendance is not required).
- Any swimmer wishing to know if they have made the cut-off may check the meet page on the Marlins web site @ www.cincy-marlins.com Wednesday before the meet or determine eligibility on arrival.
- Timed Final Positive Check In Events Scratch Penalty: Swimmers who do not appear for their races after checking in will forfeit their next event even if it is the next day; or if this was his/her last swim, his/her club will be fined $25.
SCRATCH RULES for Prelim/Final
IN ALL EVENTS THE "OHIO L.S.C. SCRATCH RULES WILL APPLY". A swimmer must notify the recorders at the scratch table if they are scratching finals within 30 minutes after announcements and posting of Prelim Results
swimmer qualifying for a CONSOLATION or CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL in an
individual event who fails to compete in said Final without
properly scratching per meet procedures, shall be barred from
his/her next individual event.
On the last day of Prelim/Final meet, failure to scratch CONSOLATION or CHAMPIONSHIP Finals per meet procedures shall result in a $50.00 Penalty Fee per event charged against the swimmer. The penalty fee shall be billed to the club and paid to the meet Host.
The Scratch Table is located on the Balcony, outside the Meet Office. Please clear your scratch with your coach!
Ribbons – 1st – 8th for age groups thru 13-14.
13 & Over events: Age Group 13-14 awarded separately. No awards 15&Older.
All other events scored and awarded as listed.
Results will be posted during the meet and available in Meet Mobile (technology permitting).
Complete results will be posted on the meet page after the meet
Meet Revisions: Cincinnati Marlins reserves the right to modify meet format as necessary for session limits. Any changes will be reviewed with teams already entered in the meet.
Other Facilty rules:
Bottled water will be provided for officials, coaches and volunteers during the meet.
NO GLASS CONTAINERS permitted.
Concessions will be available for limited items.
Gym MAY be available for swimmer use. Please check website for specifics.
Beacon Orthopedic Athletic Trainer will be available in hallway to the pool.
This meet will be published on meet mobile (technology permitting) and on the meet page after the meet.
The meet will be livestreamed for at home viewing (technology permitting).
Please visit the meet page on cincy-marlins.com for updated meet information the week of the meet