2022 Christmas Champs
Dec 2, 2022 (03:00 PM) - Dec 4, 2022 (05:00 PM)
November, 16 2022
Entry Deadline: 11/16/22 (no late entries will be accepted)
Fairland Aquatics Center 13820 Old Gunpowder Road Laurel, Maryland 20707 (301) 362-6060
- The pool at Fairland Aquatics Center is 50m x 25yd with two moveable bulkheads. Competition will be held in 10 lanes, 25 yards, running from wall to wall.
- Water depth ranges from 5’ – 13’ at both the start and turn ends.
- A second, 8 lane, wall to wall 25 yard course with water depth of 5’ to 6 ‘may be used.
- Continuous warm-up will be available if only one course is used.
- The competition course has not been certified in accordance with current USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 104.2.2(C).
- Facility Rules:
- Swimmers are not to leave the pool deck without appropriate attire.
- Glass containers are not permitted within the pool area.
- Camera cell phones are not permitted in the locker rooms.
- Swimmers should take a cleansing shower before entering the pool for warm up.
- All Ages – Timed Finals:
- Warm-up 4:30 – 5:20 PM
- Events: 5:30 PM
- Saturday and Sunday
- 13 and Over – Prelims Sessions:
- Warm-up: 6:30 – 7:30 AM
- Events: 7:40 AM
- 11-12 Year Olds – Prelims Sessions:
- Warm-up: 10:30 – 11:20 AM
- Events: 11:30 AM
- 10 and Under – Prelims Sessions:
- Warm-up: 1:40 – 2:20 PM
- Events: 2:30 PM
- Finals Sessions:
- Warm-up: 5:15 – 6:05 PM
- Events: 6:15 PM
- The meet director reserves the right to manage the timeline by running Two courses simultaneously for Friday Timed Finals and Prelims sessions, by adjusting session times, or combining the 10&U and 11-12 sessions. Positive check in may also be used.
- On Saturday and Sunday mornings, no one will be permitted to enter the building until 6:00 am.
Please read Meet Announcement carefully for new information.
- Open to athlete from invited USA Swimming clubs and registered athletes.
- Entries are limited to 350 athletes per session.
- Entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis from 2019 returning teams. The Meet Director will endeavor to inform teams promptly when the meet has been fully subscribed. Once capacity per session is reached, no new entries can be accepted.
- Athletes shall compete at the age attained on the first day of the meet.
- An athlete may only compete in his or her own age division.
- No swimmer will be permitted to compete in the meet unless the swimmer is registered as an athlete member of USA Swimming as provided in USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 302
- All Friday night events are Timed Finals, will be swum fast to
slow, and may require positive check in.
- The 500 Yd Freestyle, the 400 IM, and the 1650 Yd Mixed Freestyle will be broken out by age groups and gender for scoring and awards purposes.
- Friday night session is considered a Distance session; Swimmers must provide their own timer for all events and a counter if desired, for the 500 and 1650 Freestyle events.
- Entries in the 400 IM, 500 Free and 1650 Free may need to be limited due to time constraints. If necessary, entries will be limited based on verifiable proof of entry time, fast to slow. Any athlete removed will be given the opportunity to enter another event in the meet as long as that entry does not create a new heat or exceed the entry limit per session.
- The fastest twenty (20) 13-14 and 15&Over swimmers from the preliminary events will advance to finals. There will be an “A” final and a “B” final. The “B” final will be swum first.
- The fastest ten (10) 10 and under and the fastest ten (10) 11-12-year-old swimmers from the preliminary events will advance to finals.
- The following 11-12 year old events will be timed final events: 400 IM, 200 Butterfly, 200 Backstroke and 200 Breaststroke.
- 8 and Unders entered in Christmas Champs must have provable times.
- A contestant may enter no more than three (3) individual events per day and eight (8) events over the course of the meet.
- SEED TIMES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED AS SHORT COURSE YARDS ONLY.
- “NT” entries will NOT be accepted with exception of the 12U 500 Free with a provable “B” standard 200 Free time and the 1650 Free with a provable “B” standard 1000 Free time.
- Coaches’ times will not be accepted.
- Minimum entry standards must be equal to or faster than in the following events (please include proof of time on the Meet Entry Report.) Girl’s Minimum Entry time Event Boy’s Minimum Entry time 7:30.00 (10U) 6:40.00 (11-12) 12&U 500 freestyle or 7:30.00 (10U) 6:40.00 (11-12) “B” time for age group 12U 200 Free time for a NT entry in 500 free “B” time for age group 5:45.00 13&Over 400 IM 5:45.00 21:30.00 or “B” in 1000 Yd Freestyle 13&Over 1650 Freestyle Or for a NT entry a 100 yd Freestyle time 21:30.00 or “B” in 1000 Yd Freestyle
POSITIVE CHECK IN
- For those events requiring positive check- in athletes shall indicate their intention to swim the event on the forms provided at the CHECK IN table.
- Athletes who have not checked in by the specified time will not be seeded into the event.
- Athletes who have checked in, have been seeded and fail to swim the event will be barred from their next scheduled individual event unless excused by the Referee. • The Meet Entry Coordinator, in conjunction with the Meet Director, reserve the right to positive check in some or all the events in order to manage the timeline of the session.
WITHDRAWING FROM FINALS:
- If you do not wish to swim in the Final, you may
“scratch” from the event by following this procedure:
- You must fill out and sign a Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes of the announcement of qualifiers for “A” or “B” finals, if scheduled.
- You may declare intent to “scratch”. You must fill out and sign a Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes of the announcement of qualifiers, marking the appropriate space for “intent”. If you declare an “intent to scratch” and do not wish to swim finals, you must confirm your scratch on the Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes after the conclusion of your last preliminary event of the day or you will be automatically seeded into the event.
- If an athlete fails to properly scratch from an event and does not appear for the “Final” event, they shall be barred from further competition of the remainder of the meet.
- Participating clubs are requested to provide timers in proportion to their entries. One timer is requested for each 25 entries. See link below: